This position can be based remotely in the United States
Prognos is a NYC-based, clinically-focused healthcare analytics company with a platform that can query patient-centric data to answer key healthcare questions in minutes not months. The mission of the Data Science team at Prognos is to develop, deploy and maintain analytic and machine learning pipelines within Prognos’ products, addressing business-relevant problems in close collaboration with our Engineering, Clinical and Product teams.
This position will be focused on helping us learn about patient health and healthcare utilization outcomes from medical time series data. We are looking for an experienced machine learning engineer to join the team, and help us move this mission-critical task forward. Are you interested in applying cutting edge machine learning techniques to complex data? Do you want to work on developing and deploying production models? Then come work with us!
- Helping us understand and organize complex Laboratory, Claims and Prescription datasets
- Building training datasets that map patient histories to health and economic outcomes over time.
- Designing and training models that help us understand and predict those outcomes.
- Helping to keep our team up to date and current with the relevant literature.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years of professional and/or post-grad data science/machine learning experience.
- A background in probabilistic machine learning/statistical modeling techniques.
- Professional experience working with large, complicated datasets.
- Python programming experience: best practices, packaging, modern libraries.
- Accustomed to working with git and shared codebases.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with distributed computing systems and model training.
- Experience with healthcare data and/or insurance data is a plus.
- Experience with modern deep learning frameworks, Pytorch/Tensorflow/Chainer/etc.
About Prognos Health
Prognos is a leading clinically-focused healthcare analytics company with a platform that can query patient-centric data to answer key healthcare questions in minutes not months. The prognosFACTOR™ platform addresses payer, life sciences and provider needs, enabling clients to securely, efficiently and cost effectively analyze billions of lab and health records on more than 325 million de-identified patients. prognosFACTOR is HIPAA compliant and harmonizes and integrates lab data with other healthcare data assets from a trusted and diverse data ecosystem. For more information, visit prognoshealth.com.
Values & Culture
- We are collaborative. We put team trust and energy ahead of individual stardom. We are humble and willing to admit when wrong.
- We go above and beyond. We exceed the needs of our partners and are not limited by our job descriptions. We are accountable for our actions, work, decisions, and results.
- We are purposeful in all that we do. We focus on what matters and prioritize. We think in perspective and see the full picture.
- We are curious. We learn from solving big problems. We are never satisfied and always strive for a better way. We aim to continually develop ourselves.
- We are courageous and honest. We are not afraid to speak out. We challenge the process. We deal with conflict head on.
- We are enthusiastic. We are optimistic for change and a better future. We believe in the greater good. We celebrate accomplishments and have fun.
To improve health by driving the best actions learned from the world’s data
To prevail over disease and empower people everywhere to live life to the fullest
- Flexible work arrangements (e.g. no set hours), fully remote work, and unlimited PTO
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending
- Commuter benefits
- Free access to One Medical Group
- Gym discounts
- Flexible work hours and locations
- Health Advocate
- Employee Stock Option Plan