Tecovas is the first direct-to-consumer western brand, founded with the simple goal of making the world's best western boots, apparel, and leather goods - and selling them at a fair price. We are a brand revolutionizing a category and welcoming first-time boot buyers and western enthusiasts alike.
Tecovas is looking for a talented Data Engineer to join our growing engineering team. Reporting directly to the Senior Data Engineer, you will contribute in building a best in class data infrastructure with the ultimate goal of being the company data expert.
This position is based out of Austin, TX but will have the ability to work from home and in-office.
What you'll do:
- Design and develop data pipelines from a wide variety of data sources to support all downstream systems and analytics.
- Build data models to get actionable insights from data, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Contribute to overall system design, architecture, security, scalability, reliability, and performance of applications.
- Meet with the business users, assist with data-related technical issues, support their data infrastructure needs and make data discoverable/accessible for them.
- Collaborate with team members to refine and debug scripts and reports.
- Mentor and provide support to junior developers.
- Contribute to the development of the AI & ML capabilities.
Experience we're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- 3+ years of SQL experience
- 3+ years of Python experience
- 3+ years of data modeling experience
- 3+ years of building data pipelines and/or data streams
- Data visualization experience (experience using Looker a bonus)
- Good experience in consuming or exposing web services (i.e. SOAP, REST)
- Understanding of cloud platforms such as GCP/AWS/Azure
What you bring to the table:
- You are a strong communicator that can have complex technical discussions with non technical users.
- You enjoy problem solving and can independently work through complex problems.
- You enjoy learning new technologies and applying them.
- You are a self-starter and motivated with a strong attention to detail.
Full Time Benefits & Perks:
- We offer insurance plans that pay 99% of your health premium coverage and 100% of your dental & vision insurance coverage for your family/dependents
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO policy
- Corporate wellness program
- Competitive salary
- Generous employee discounts!
Tecovas was born out of a love for cowboy boots, their time-honored craftsmanship, rich materials that last, and traditional styling that always looks good. Each pair of Tecovas boots is crafted by hand in over 200 steps. It's not the easiest or cheapest method, but we're committed to classic construction techniques that stand the test of time. With 19 retail stores (and counting) across the Austin, Dallas and Southeast regions, we're bringing western goods into new frontiers and aim to be the most welcoming brand in western. We're certainly growing- and hiring passionate, humble, positive, and talented people determined to help us continue to grow!
Important note: We strive to hire values-aligned people because we believe it takes each and all of us to be successful, and lead with grit, speed and a clear vision of where we're headed. In a remote setting, interviewing at Tecovas may include phone interviews, virtual on-site interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are committed to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential match, and we will do our best to follow-up with each and every applicant! If you're on the fence, just give it a try!
Hiring process and disclaimer: Should you receive an offer from us after going through the interview process, a background check will be conducted prior to onboarding. The results of a background check are evaluated as part of the hiring process, but this does not mean that you will not be considered for the job based upon the results. We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage everyone to apply!