DT One is looking for Data Scientist to be based at our Global Headquarters in Singapore!
The Data Science department in DT One is tasked with leveraging the company’s data to improve business performance, products and services, and enable informed decision making.
As a Data Scientist you will proactively work across the business in order to identify opportunities that can be addressed via advanced data modelling. You will own, from design to production, innovative and complex analytic models, utilizing a blend of contemporary and traditional data mining techniques on both structured and unstructured data.
Your ultimate goal will be to help improve our products and business decisions by leading a lean team to gain useful insight and make the most out of our data.
- Identify and assess data related opportunities that should lead to an optimisation of the DT One core business
- Drive multiple data science projects from requirements gathering, scoping, design up to modelling and implementation in production, working closely with the rest of the engineering team and business stakeholders
- Instate A/B testing as an integral part of the pipeline when evaluating changes in the offered products and services
- Champion a culture of data informed decision-making, hypothesis-driven experimentation, and in doing so you will be responsible for the practices of data collection, management and use
Main opportunities we would like you to dive into:
- Optimise our core business through pricing monitoring/insights, traffic monitoring/insight, recommendation engine, anomaly detection, etc
- Mitigate fraud risk through anti-fraud detection models
- Optimise our core business through inventory optimisation for profit
- Optimise our core business through service animation for our P2P implementations (funnel analysis, top-up reminders etc)
- 5+ years of working experience in a data science position
- Solid understanding of machine learning, statistical analysis and predictive techniques
- Knowledge of data management and visualization techniques
- Deep understanding of business modelling and how data science informs business decisions
- Highly skilled in statistical and modelling packages, visualization and familiar with time-series analyses
- Highly proficient and experienced in Python and its data manipulation and machine learning libraries
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with data processing using Spark is a plus
- Experience using cloud services such as Amazon is a plus
- Creative and strategic thinker, innovative problem-solving skills, highly organized, with the ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks, prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or any other related quantitative field
Sound like you? Apply now!