Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do. Veeva is a work anywhere company. You can work at home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a Public Benefit Corporation
, you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva OpenData supports the industry by providing real-time reference data across the complete healthcare ecosystem to support commercial sales execution, compliance, and business analytics. We drive value to our customers through constant innovation, using cloud-based solutions and state-of-the-art technologies to deliver product excellence and customer success. The OpenData Global Data Tools team delivers the tools and data processing pipelines to build the global data core for life sciences in 100+ countries.
As a Data Engineer of the Global Data Tools team, you will take responsibility for the OpenData processing workflows. You will be developing complex algorithms, building and maintaining data relationships through data processing pipelines, ensuring data quality in our reference data, and working closely with Product and Data Operations teams to adapt our reference data to changing demands in the market.
What You'll Do
- Build and maintain data processing pipelines using state-of-the-art technologies
- Develop algorithms to build complex data relationships
- Work with Python on Spark-based data pipelines
- Build analytical data structures to support reporting tools
- Automate quality control processes
- Fluent in Python programming language and PySpark (3+ years of experience)
- 3+ years of experience developing data pipelines using cloud-managed Spark clusters (e.g., AWS EMR, Databricks)
- Proficient with SQL / SparkSQL
- Experienced algorithm developer
- Hands-on experience working with a Data Lakehouse
Nice to Have
Perks & Benefits
- Experience running data workflows through DevOps pipelines
- Develop data pipelines with cloud orchestration tools (e.g., Airflow, AWS Steps, or similar from other cloud vendors)
- Valuable experience working with Scala or Kotlin programming languages
- Previous experience in the Life Sciences sector
- Benefits package including Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), family health insurance, and contributions to private pension plans
- Annual allocations for continuous learning, development & charitable contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Work from anywhere
#RemotePoland Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world. Veeva is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and growing a diverse workforce. Diversity makes us stronger. It comes in many forms. Gender, race, ethnicity, religion, politics, sexual orientation, age, disability and life experience shape us all into unique individuals. We value people for the individuals they are and the contributions they can bring to our teams.