ABOUT SIA PARTNERS
Sia Partners is a next-generation consulting firm focused on delivering superior value and tangible results to its clients as they navigate the digital revolution. Our global footprint and expertise in more than 40 sectors and services allow us to enhance our clients’ businesses worldwide. We guide their projects and initiatives in strategy, business transformation, IT & digital strategy, and Data Science.
WHY JOIN THE SIA VILLAGE?
Excellence | Entrepreneurship | Innovation | Teamwork | Care & Support | Employee Wellbeing
These are the six core values that guide all our actions. As an expression of our values, our Sia Village concept describes our commitment to fostering a sense of community within and among our offices. We believe that knowledge sharing is the key, not only to innovation, but to the growth and development of our people.
Sia Partners is looking for a talented Data Engineer to support our activities within the Data Science Business Unit. You will be working alongside with our Data Science consultants and our clients on Data Engineering topics, including creating relevant data models, developing powerful data pipelines, exposing them through various mechanisms including APIs, and using data visualization tools to efficiently present data.
You will also contribute to internal Data Science projects posted on Heka, our internal accelerator for Data Science projects. As part of the global Data Science team you will contribute to the development of various solutions designed to address our clients' needs.
- Partner with our client’s leadership teams, engineers, program managers and data analysts to understand data needs.
- Design, build and launch efficient and reliable data pipelines transforming data into useful report ready datasets.
- Communicate at scale, through multiple mediums: presentations, dashboards, client-wide datasets, bots and more.
- Use your data and analytics experience to ‘see what’s missing,’ identifying and addressing data gaps, build monitors to detect data quality issues and partner to establish a self-serve environment.
- Broad range of partners equates to a broad range of projects and deliverables, including ML Models, datasets, measurements, services, tools and process.
- Leverage data and business principles to automate data flow, detect business exceptions, build diagnostic capabilities, and improve both business and data knowledge base.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for your areas.
- At least 4+ years' of advanced SQL experience (including at least one SQL DBMS and one noSQL).
- 4+ years' of Python development experience.
- 3+ years' of experience with workflow management engines (i.e. Airflow, Luigi, Prefect, Dagster, digdag.io, Google Cloud Composer, AWS Step Functions, Azure Data Factory, UC4, Control-M).
- 3+ years' experience with Data Modeling.
- Experience analyzing data to discover opportunities and address gaps.
- 4+ years' experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- Experience working with cloud or on-prem Big Data/MPP analytics platform (i.e. SnowFlake, Netezza, Teradata, AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery, Azure Data Warehouse, or similar).
- BSc/BA in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering.
Preferred Experience with:
- Experience with more than one coding language.
- Knowledge of Docker, CI/CD pipelines, and Kubernetes.
- Experience in designing and implementing real-time pipelines.
- Experience with data quality and validation.
- Experience with SQL performance tuning and e2e process optimization.
- Experience with anomaly/outlier detection.
- Experience with notebook-based Data Science workflow.
- Experience querying massive datasets, using Spark, Presto, Hive, Impala, etc.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing team that serves some of the most exciting and highly respected companies in the world. You will have the opportunity to provide clients with original thinking and customized solutions and you’ll often have the satisfaction of seeing the impact of your work on their business. We are committed to a healthy work-life integration.
- Generous PTO, including Parental leave
- Healthcare that includes dental and vision, life insurance and 401K matching
- Career advocacy program that supports achieving personal development goals through coaching, collaboration and real-time feedback
- Robust learning and development platform through the Sia Institute, 360 Learning App, Sia Blend App, working groups, US Training Sessions, and reimbursement for continuing education and certifications
- Women at Sia Club
- Annual Seminar/a value add experience to network with your colleagues across North America and other regions
- Opportunities for geographic mobility if desired
- Compensation range is between $86,000-132,000 annually
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) are part of Sia Partners’ DNA. Thanks to our expertise in several sectors and our international growth, our teams include a variety of experiences and cultures. We’re confident that promoting DEIB creates an environment in which everyone can reach their full potential.
Our global network, DEIB@Sia Partners, brings together our people worldwide to facilitate local and global progress, focused on the following areas:
- Gender equality (global Gender Equality Index score of 91/100 for FY19-20)
- Race & Ethnicity
- Working Parents
We are an equal opportunity employer that values collective diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. Our goal is to develop a work environment where everyone feels safe to be their authentic self and valued as part of the Sia Village.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Sia Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, remuneration, or discipline, are based solely on performance, competence, conduct, or business needs.