We have a current opportunity for a Data scientist on a contract basis. The position will be based in Brussels.
Within the Commercial forecasting team you are responsible for transforming the existing deterministic Long Term Forecasting Process into a new solution including basic machine learning and artificial intelligence models.
The data scientist has a strong background in data science and at the same time has a very strong business affinity. He/she does not work in a silo mode but proactively builds an internal network to integrate the new models in the larger IT landscape. He/she educates the Commercial Forecasting team on the basics of data science and to maintain the model after the assignment.
He/she unravels business problems by asking the right questions and by formulating answers given insights, self-found or delivered by the business analysts. Predictive models are build on-premise or in the cloud to automate the decision making and provide an answer to the business problem. Always keeping in mind the process from a customer and/or operations viewpoint.
- He/she recreates the existing business LTF process in the AWS cloud using Jupyter notebook and Python coding language
- He/she implements predictive models as part of the new LTF process, more specifically on Churn and translation of POD forecast into volume
- He/she performs advanced data analytics on large structured and unstructured datasets.
- He/she implements sustainable data science solutions on-premise and in the AWS cloud.
- He/she is always on the lookout for new data science opportunities.
- He/she moves quickly from ideas to proof of concepts.
- He/she inspires and educates the commercial forecasting team on the implemented and new market or technology trends in the domain of data analytics and artificial intelligence.
- He/she connects and exchanges with other data scientists
- He/she works together with the data engineers, data analysts and by extension the full Use Case team and commercial forecasting team to optimise knowledge transfer.
- You have a MSc Degree in artificial intelligence / data science or equivalently through training and experience.
- You have an expert knowledge and proven experience in SQL, Python, .
- You have a good knowledge of SAS Base, Qlik, and the AWS ecosystem.
- You have a descent theoretical background about data science and machine learning.
- You have a portfolio with inspiring end-to-end solutions using A.I. at the core.
- You have a strong analytical mindset with eye for details.
- You work in a structured way with focus on results.
- You love to explore and innovate. Challenges are a driver for success.
- You are a team player with customer-focus and a proactive way of working.
- You have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are fluent in English and Dutch/French.