- Job Family: Data Science
- Type: Full time
- Date Posted:Nov 18, 2022
- Req #: JR32991
- National +50 Miles away from nearest PulsePoint, National +50 Miles away from nearest PulsePoint
JR32991 Principal Data Scientist
Lead the development and implementation of predictive modeling algorithms and techniques to solve business problems and optimize member experiences.How Will You Make An Impact
- Serve as the methodology expert on the team and provide guidelines to the team for applying appropriate algorithms or solutions to approach different data challenges.
- Coach junior team members on various data science techniques.
- Keep abreast of the latest enhancements and innovations within the areas of data science and big data processing.
- Lead the design & execution of predictive modeling projects to address specific business problems determined by consultation with business partners.
- Provide guidance to the team on working with data sets of varying degrees of size and complexity including both structured and unstructured data.
- At the expert level, piping and processing massive data streams in distributed computing environments such as Hadoop to facilitate analysis.
- Leads batch and real-time model scoring to drive actions.
- Leads the development of proprietary predictive modeling algorithms to build customized solutions that go beyond standard industry tools and lead to innovative solutions.
- Leads communication and publish results and address constraints/limitations with business partners.
- Determines the continuous improvement opportunities of current predictive modeling algorithms.
- Proactively collaborates with business partners to determine identified population segments and develop actionable plans to enable the identification of patterns related to quality, use, cost, and other variables that have a broad impact.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, And Experiences
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Econometrics, Physics, Biostatistics, or related Quantitative disciplines and 7 or more years of experience building machine learning models for business application
- Development experience in Python or other scripting languages
- Expertise in Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with machine learning, deep learning, and/or other modeling techniques
- Experience in Pytorch, Tensorflow, and/or Pyspark
- Experience using statistics to evaluate product portfolio
- Experience leading end-to-end data science project implementation including building and deploying scalable production solutions
- Experience working with cross-functional project teams and managing communications
- Experience with presenting project output to a wide range of audiences
- Prefer candidates with the ability to influence the audience through effective communication skills.
- Ph.D. and experience in the healthcare sector
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $144,500.00 - $173,400.00.
Locations: Colorado; Nevada, Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithica, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws .
- The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
EEO is the Law
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Please use the links below to review statements of protection from discrimination under Federal law for job applicants and employees.
- EEO Policy Statement
- EEO is the Law Poster
- EEO Poster Supplement-English Version
- Pay Transparency
- Privacy Notice for California Residents
Elevance Health, Inc. is an E-verify Employer
Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 1-877-204-7664