Lightsource bp is a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects. We are a 50:50 joint venture with bp with a mission to help drive the world’s transition to low carbon energy.
With solar set to increase tenfold in the next 20 years, we are well-positioned to capitalise on this growth. By joining the Lightsource bp team, you will ‘be the change’ on the world’s energy transition to a more sustainable future.
We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit as we continue to push the boundaries of an ever-changing energy landscape. By choosing a career with us, you can expect a challenging and fulfilling role surrounded by people who are passionate and have brilliant ideas about sustainable technology, innovation and making the world a better place.
The Compliance team is a global Group Function. We operate an ethics and compliance program to maintain stakeholder trust and protect the value of our company. We lead on setting and deploying standards across the Group, providing the tools to enable teams to meet those standards, and on monitoring compliance for our executive and governance bodies. Reporting to the Global Compliance Program Manager, you will be responsible for Compliance systems, data, monitoring, and reporting. You will play a key role in delivering our objective for Compliance to be more risk-based, project-focused, forward-looking, predictive, user-friendly, and mobile-enabled. Compliance-specific systems include those for counterparty due diligence and management, speak-up report intake, case management, certifications, gift registration / approval workflow and potentially an interactive Code of Conduct. You will also be working to integrate finance and HR data into our reporting, monitoring and control framework.
Duties and responsibilities
You’ll have the following duties and tasks:
Specify and build dashboards and reports, integrating data from multiple systems and sources to enable users at all levels of the organization to
better monitor and manage a variety of ethics compliance risks across the group
Support the Global Compliance Program Manager in preparing regular reports for our Executive and Governance bodies
Be the ‘super-user’ for all systems led by Compliance, including user access management within the Compliance team and others
Collaborate with other departments to integrate relevant data from their systems into our reporting, risk management and monitoring approach, for example training / onboarding HR data, transactional Finance data, and Project related information
Who we’re looking for
• Core understanding of data, business intelligence and analytics, and the associated tools and techniques to advance capability and maturity
• Strong analytical and presentation skills
• Specific knowledge of business ethics and legal compliance reporting, and the underlying systems, would be an advantage
• Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant subject. (Computer Science, IT, etc.)
• An ethics and compliance certification would be an advantage
• Certification in appropriate systems, such as PowerBI, Quick Base, etc. would be an advantage
• Experience of data analysis, report building and support of expert end users
• Experience of building self-service reporting and graphical report presentation
• Experience of working in a similar role within a risk, finance, legal or compliance team and with compliance-specific systems would be an advantage
• Fluent English is essential
• Fluency in another language(s) would be an advantage
• Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and related Microsoft Office tools.
Why you’ll make a great member of the team
• You place a high value on doing business with integrity
• You demonstrate a high level of objectivity, integrity, motivation, team orientation, professionalism, and trustworthiness
• You have confidence in your capabilities, but are respectful and humble in their application
• You have planning, project-management, problem-solving and change management skills
• You are familiar with resolving Compliance issues and taking a proportionate and risk-based approach to Compliance due diligence
Why you’ll want to work for us
Our company is a place where you can be yourself and grow – a place where your ideas and opinions matter.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive community, where every individual is valued and treated with respect.
Our culture is driven by our core values. From operating safely to ensuring our solar projects are responsible and promote biodiversity.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a variety of benefits including annual bonus, retention bank, health insurance, pension, and other local benefits.
Join an agile, international team working across 15 countries to power the future and positively impact people, communities, ecosystems and biodiversity across the world.
Our core values
Lightsource bp truly cares about creating a sustainable future through safe, responsible and meaningful low-carbon energy projects. Our core values of Safety, Integrity, Respect, Sustainability and Drive are the guiding principles for everything we do.