About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
PMM (Product Management and Monitoring) is part of Transaction Monitoring & Analytics team in Financial Crime Surveillance and Operations (FCSO). PMM team is responsible for several processes around transaction monitoring (TM) platforms, such as code mapping and AML event optimization as well as maintaining in-house built capabilities. PMM is making sure that the data processed by monitoring platforms is available, correctly handled and processed in a timely manner. PMM members are required to have technical skills, analytical mind and good interpersonal skills to share observations with international stakeholders. As a team member you would cooperate with other team members in Poland, India, Malaysia and Singapore. Your stakeholders would be located globally, including Asia, Africa, Europe and US.
- Main responsibility for this role would be to maintain an in-house built capability to monitor Trade, Securities and Financial Markets transactions using PySpark.
- Other responsibilities may include:
- Working as part of transaction code mapping team within PMM to make sure new upstream products are properly mapped to monitoring systems.
- Change management related activities – review and tracking of existing issues/change requests in JIRA.
- AML event optimisation activities
- setting and maintaining the rules which increase the efficiency of Trade and Transaction Monitoring.
- Liaising with Country FCC from all around the world.
- Maintaining high standard of delivery and ensuring no audit findings.
- Querying Oracle Database in order to get data for analysis and running simulations
- Identifying patterns, trends, and inconsistencies; drawing conclusions and providing recommendations in the form of remediation, corrective and preventative actions.
- PMM support function – responsible in reviewing control reports, exceptions and record the findings. Escalate to right channels and track until closure. Follow change management procedures and implement production changes with respect to Scenario amendments / watch list with all controls.
- Provide requirements and/or assist with process automation initiatives
Our Ideal Candidate profile:
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience including 2-3 years of data analytics related responsibilities.
- Python knowledge and ability to read, understand and analyse the code.
- PySpark or Pandas hands-on experience is required.
- SQL skills – querying abilities are required, proficiency would be an advantage.
- A successful candidate will command a suite of business skills with attention to detail and general problem-solving interests.
- Very good command of written and spoken English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to influence the decision and manage stakeholders.
Nice to have:
- Experience in banking and AML domain. Knowledge in AML / KYC / Sanctions / Regulatory / Compliance domain. Relevant certification is an added advantage.
- Expertise in any of the following (or similar) is not required but would be an advantage:
- MS Power BI
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.