Who we are:
Validere is a measurement, reporting, and verification (MRV) SaaS company that helps energy organizations transform disconnected, incomplete data into clear and immediately actionable pathways to financial and environmental value.
Over 50 of North America’s leading energy companies rely on Validere’s technology and multidisciplinary experts to understand their physical and environmental commodities and navigate an increasingly complex environment with clarity and ease.
Validere is on a mission to better human prosperity by making the energy supply chain efficient and sustainable. The company has offices in Houston, Calgary, and Toronto.
To support our rapid growth, we are looking for a Data Scientist o join our Analytics Team.
Who you are:
You thrive in a fast-paced environment. have a growth mindset, passion for learning new things and creative restlessness. You are an expert in formulating and testing hypotheses quickly and efficiently. You have an innate ability to keep high level of alignment with the internal and external stakeholders and effectively plan the work and manage time. You are a subject matter expert and trusted advisor to others on the technical execution of the solution.
Let's give you a purpose:
- Lead the models through their lifecycle with the focus on their productionizing and monitoring
- Leverage statistical and first principles methods to create scalable frameworks for model development
- Ensure the integrity of the Data Science code base and its integration with the rest of engineering stack
- Interact with internal business stakeholders to ensure rigor in model design
What you'll bring along:
- Proficiency with Python and version control (Git)
- Proficiency with Unix-like operating systems (Linux, MacOS X) and command line interface
- Strong foundational knowledge of machine learning methods (classical machine learning, deep learning, and statistics)
- Exposure to application infrastructure in cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure) and CI/CD pipelines
- Degree (BSc) in computer science, data science, software engineering
- Nice to Have:
- Basic understanding of physics, chemistry (1st or 2nd year level)
- Exposure to large industrial processes, chemical analysis and/or logistics
We love it here, you will too:
Our shared values
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Stock options (at Validere, we're all owners)
- RRSP/401(k) matching programs
- MyHSA health spending account
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development budget to master your craft
- Generous time-off with parental/family leave
- Quarterly Employee Wellbeing Days and No Meeting Friday Afternoons
- An inclusive, ego-free environment where diversity of people and thought is valued
- Great place to work certified
- Opportunity to impact the trajectory of a fast growing tech company
- Deliver (the highest) value
- Remove friction
- Everyday is more scalable
- Be well, fair & transparent
Validere is an equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the interview process and beyond. We are committed to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.