Expatriate, permanent position based in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
The [30037904 DT AI & ANALYTICS] is responsible for providing AI-powered solutions to various business functions within Aramco. The solutions leverage the latest technological advancements of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and analytics to create business values across the value chain. The DT AI&A organization will be a center of excellence in Saudi Aramco for Artificial Intelligence technologies and data science.
The [data scientist] primary role is to work closely with business functions, stakeholders, functional teams to give consultations on AI use case, identify potential value from data, formulate AI and data science ideas and conceptualize them. In addition, to building, evaluating and productionalizing models as appropriate.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- Mine and analyze data from company data sources to drive optimization and improvement of product development, and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize production facilities, revenue generation, and other targeted outcomes.
- Develop A/B testing mechanisms and test model quality and validate hypothesis accordingly.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop necessary documentation as per established standards.
- As the successful candidate you will hold a Master’s degree in in data science, computer science, computer vision, applied mathematics or a related field from a recognized and approved program. A PhD degree is preferred.
- You must have at least 5 years of experience with hands-on data science, NLP, computer vision, and/or machine learning projects/products in industry.
- You must also be able to bring ideas from conceptualization to productionalization (putting models in production) using the right tools (e.g. mlflow, kubeflow, tensorlight, etc).
- Having very strong expertise in data collection, cleaning, preprocessing, and wrangling is a requirement.
- You must be fluent in either R or Python, preferably both, and familiarity with golang is a plus.
- Proficiency in visualization tools and packages; and in communicating data science topics to non-technical audience is a requirement.
- You must be experienced in Information Retrieval (Content Recommendation, Search Metrics, Search Query, document classification, entity recognition, topic modelling, etc).
- Proficiency in transfer learning and in fine tuning open-sourced models like BERT is necessary.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
Note: This permanent position is based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.