About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to partner closely with our Product team to improve outcomes for students and help teachers do their best work. Our team is obsessed with supporting school districts, helping them increase student outcomes, and creating the conditions whereby classroom learning is fun and engaging.
The product team uses data, interviews, and testing to conceptualize, create, and deliver solutions to meet the unique needs of our users. You will leverage insights and analytics to amplify their work, improving engineering, design, and product decisions across the full product development lifecycle.
This role reports to the CEO.
You care deeply about education and leveraging your data skills bring education into the 21st century. You are kind, work well with others, and can navigate conversations with various stakeholders across the company and C-suite.
You have experience leading projects with leaders from multiple functions across the product to define, test, deploy, and measure the impact of new and existing features. You have strong problem solving skills and enjoy translating ambiguous, unstructured problems into actionable data-driven analyses. You are a skilled communicator and able to explain technical analysis to non-technical partners.
- Apply a diverse set of techniques including statistics, quantitative reasoning and machine learning to help grow the business
- Investigate and help us understand product-usage patterns, mining correlations, and areas to improve user experience
- Own, coordinate, and solve complex, cross-functional problems that extend beyond the traditional boundaries of product domains, analytics, and data science
- Deploy practical solutions to test rather than researching theoretical ideas without live data
- Help us define and refine leading and trailing metric indicators, enabling higher levels of predictability in our product and engineering efforts
- Collaborate with engineers to improve our data systems and architecture
- 5+ years of data science experience or equivalent
- Fluent in SQL and Python (or other scripting languages), comfortable with git.
- Familiarity with data warehouse design, development and best practices
- Experience in applying both data-backed heuristics and machine-learning techniques to solve practical product problems
- Bonus if you have experience with knowledge graphs, NLP, or topic modeling
About the Company
Kiddom builds technology enabling teachers and learners to unlock their full potential. Education technology is increasingly fragmented across various applications, undermining utility and causing cognitive overload, frustration, and ultimately, rejection. Kiddom is building a collaborative learning platform for educators to integrate content, curriculum, and analytics in one place.
We are a passionate, collaborative team focused on building transformative education technology and making a measurable impact in K-12 education.
We strive to create an inclusive, positive team culture where everyone is respected and valued for everything they bring to Kiddom, not just what they produce.
Full time permanent employees are eligible for the following benefits from their first day:
-Health benefits: medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
-Flexible vacation policy
COVID Vaccination Policy
Kiddom policy requires employees to be vaccinated before they visit an office or attend company events..
We have remote roles but in certain positions where office attendance is deemed to be essential to the role, offers of employment shall be conditional upon proof of vaccination.