In support of all business and corporate areas, the IT department plays a fundamental role in providing new technical capabilities and delivering sustainable value for Luminus.
In a context where digitalization is increasing data availability and complexifying the analytics ecosystem, we understand that data is a key asset to empower the Luminus mission and we want to support our Business and Corporate Departments to achieve their ambition to become more data-driven, delivering data products and insights for operational excellence.
To achieve this goal, Luminus has made the strategic choice for AWS and has built a new central Data Platform in the cloud to experiment and industrialize AI and ML for all the Business Departments. Currently a number of AI use cases have been developed and deployed on the Luminus Data Platform.We Want To Build Further On That And Last Year Luminus Has Started a Data Transformation Program With The Ambition To
- Further extend the ONE Data Platform in the AWS Cloud for reporting, ad-hoc analytics and AI/ML (Batch and real-time data pipelines, reporting, dashboarding and ad-hoc analytics, Artificial Intelligence, REST API’s to expose analytics to internal and external applications)
- Install Data Governance capabilities
- Define the target operating model and internalize key roles
This is why the IT department is hiring data professionals to grow its Data & Analytics team with Data Engineers and Data Governance experts to develop and support E2E data products coming from different Business Departments (Generation, Optimization, Retail and Corporate).
In that context, we are looking for a highly motivated and experienced data engineer who could help us to accelerate the development of internal knowledge and capabilities.
From intake to deployment and maintenance, you take part in complex data analytics projects through their entire lifecycle, working in agile scrum teams which are business oriented and data driven.
On top of this, you will have a crucial role as leader of the data engineering COP (Community of Practice) and actively participate in the development of the data engineering capabilities and expertise within the IT and business data intelligence teams.Your Responsibilities
- Design, develop and deploy a wide range of data & analytics applications on our AWS Data Platform, identifying the most appropriate data sources
- Design and implement batch and real-time data pipelines on our data platform
- Make technical teams successful, sharing and transferring knowledge and best practices in the scrum team as a tech lead
- Leading the data engineering COP
- Master degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- At least 3-4 years of experience in a Data Engineering role
- Strong coding skills (Python, PySpark, Kafka, Java etc..)
- Good understanding of cloud possibilities and services
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with ETL/ELT is a plus
- Basic understanding of machine learning
- Proven experience with leading and coaching technical teams
- Passion for cloud and data
- Familiar with agile and DevOps concepts
- Curious and enthusiast about the opportunity to learn a new technology/software
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English; willingness to learn Dutch and/or French