FOXO Technologies, Inc. and its subsidiaries FOXO Life and FOXO Labs (“FOXO”) discover, create, and commercialize epigenetic technology with advanced analytical tools and artificial intelligence (AI). We see broad application for our technology in longevity insurance and other market verticals, such as the pharmaceutical and health and wellness industries.
FOXO is developing and launching its own unique life insurance product offering that incorporates individual molecular health and wellness insights for insured customers as a key benefit of its insurance product.
FOXO will launch in several states, and quickly expand nationally.
FOXO will start offering 10- and 20-year term life insurance products that provide annual molecular health and wellness measurements and reports to its customers.
FOXO believes this subscription-based model is an excellent entry point for a health and wellness engagement model to drive renewal persistence and ultimately transition into new products.
FOXO’s mission is to discover, develop, and implement a next-generation underwriting protocol based upon molecular biomarkers of health and wellness for the global longevity insurance industry.
FOXO Technologies is at the forefront of researching epigenetics and its role in human health and wellness. Our team primarily focuses on the research and development of predictive models for a wide range of human health and wellness factors using a variety of clinical markers, quantitative biomarkers, and epigenetic data. We are seeking a Biomedical Data Scientist to assist with the preparation and analysis of our proprietary database of epigenetics data and human health & wellness indicators. This role is primarily focused on data wrangling, data cleaning, data presentation, and documentation, with opportunities to expand into data modeling in the future.
- Prototype and validate machine learning models of human health indicators using the latest advances in data science
- Research and develop new methods to improve model performance
- Stay on the cutting edge of the data science field in order to implement novel algorithms, software approaches, and data solutions that influence decisions
- Utilize background knowledge of biomedical or epigenetic phenomena to identify viable data science opportunities and then conceive, develop, and implement where appropriate
- Analysis of large datasets accompanied by reproducible code and thorough documentation, assessing new methods where appropriate
- Develop sustainable, consumable, accurate and impactful reporting on model inputs, model outputs, observed outputs, business impact and key performance indicators
- Maintain quality standards by continuously building, updating, monitoring, and verifying machine learning models
- Assist in the preparation of materials for publication and presentation
- Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge in molecular biology, healthcare, human genetics/epigenetics or related field
- Broad working knowledge on health measures, including disease diagnosis, biomarkers, functional and physiological tests common in epidemiologic and clinical research
- Strong proficiency in the development of machine learning models including comprehension of theory, modeling/identification strategies and limitations/pitfalls
- Broad knowledge of existing machine learning algorithms and creativity to invent and customize when necessary
- Deep knowledge of statistics, machine learning, and data analysis as well as a broad working knowledge of common bioinformatics tools/methods
- Experience working with large data sets, melding analytics with programming, data mining, and data transformation
- Programming expertise in Python and R
- Experience using the Python Data Science ecosystem (NumPy, SciPy, pandas, matplotlib, Jupyter Notebooks, etc.), including a working knowledge of scikit-learn and machine learning/data mining algorithms
- Strong skills in command line terminal (e.g., bash)
- Proficiency in git and GitHub for collaborative software development
- Ability to produce reproducible and well-documented analyses and code
- Strong communication skills; able to quickly comprehend requirements and assignments and then explain his/her solutions in both writing and speech
- Ph.D degree (OR Master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience) in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Mathematics, Computational Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or a related discipline
- Experience with AWS stack including S3, EC2, Lambda, IAM, and EKS is required
Director of Bioinformatics & Data Science
FOXO has office hubs in Minneapolis, MN and Austin, TX. This role is a fully hybrid/remote position, with opportunities for full team meet ups in one of our hub cities. For Minneapolis candidates, the number of days in office and working remotely will be determined at the discretion of the Manager.
Stock Option Incentive
Standard Health/Benefit Package