Applies and integrates statistical, mathematical, predictive modeling and business analysis skills to manage and manipulate complex, high volume data from a variety of sources;
Analyzes large quantities of data and presents insights and predictions (e.g., on client behaviors and preferences, new products and services) to support management planning, execution and monitoring of business decisions; Builds and maintains the production execution of Data Science into enterprise systems and architecture
You will be accountable to:
- Monitor and deploy within the production data science environment using best practices, pipeline controls, and clear documentation around intent and usage of model or algorithm.
- Research, design, and construct predictive models to enhance understanding of Moneris core business and adjacent opportunities. Design and implement solutions that can measurably improve business performance in the business context.
- Partner with data engineering and data analytics teams to ensure that data structures and data pipeline enhances data science applications and shortens development cycle.
- Use robust statistical techniques to increase accuracy for existing projects and create solutions for adoption in business context knowingly increase performance.
- Lead in tuning and refining the deployment of models in a variety of environments ensuring that the business context matches the performance of the model and that the cost of running aligns with the need.
- Collaborate with different functional teams to promote structured pipeline deployment of data science to ensure consistency, security, resiliency of the system.
- Collaborate with business teams in the centre of excellence on data science sharing best practice, new approaches, and successes
- Actively build business and technical understanding to enhance solution development and create opportunities to enhance business processes and overall performance.
Your experience includes:
- Masters degree in in a quantitative field required, or equivalent work experience. PhD considered an asset
- Experience in Databricks
- Experience in Spark, Pyspark, SQL, Python
- Experience in Azure
- Experience in Power BI, Tableau
- Experience in Machine Learning methodologies and has experience building production grade solutions
- Minimum 5 years experience in analytics, data science, computer engineering, database management
- Proficient in multiple programming languages and can code with no oversight.
- Experience in production data science pipeline management and deployment of models in a production environment.
- Highly proficient in leading large scale projects or significant project steps and communicating progress/approach with technical/non-technical peers/clients and leaders.
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission and to facilitate a safe return to the office for all employees, clients and vendors, Moneris has developed a vaccination standard that requires all employees and contract resources to be fully vaccinated in order to attend company premises, company events or conduct business travel on behalf of Moneris (and provide proof). Bona fide exemptions may be requested in accordance with legally protected grounds.
Note: We welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous people, people of colour, people with disabilities, people of all genders, sexual orientation and intersectional identities.