At Shutterfly, we make life’s experiences unforgettable. We believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. That’s why our family of brands helps customers create products and capture moments that reflect who they uniquely are.The Shutterfly Personalization Data Sciences Team is recruiting a Principal Data Scientist
as thought leader within a broad array of machine learning applications: from developing computer vision models on billions of images to implementing cutting edge product and content recommendation engines while working with a best-in-class ML ops platform. Our growing team of data scientists and engineers will provide you with the opportunity to work with virtually every form of customer purchase and engagement data, applying state of the art techniques for customer personalization.What You'll Do Here
The Skills You'll Bring
- Work with stakeholders to define objectives and measure success, establish KPIs and measurement methodologies
- Provide expertise to non-analytical peers within Marketing, Product and Engineering
- Develop experimental designs to support test and learn
- Apply advanced knowledge of SQL and the ability to extract and develop complex modeling features through our MLops platform and feature store
- Size the impact of the models on key business measures
- Build machine learning models using Python which can recommend optimal product, offer, content and information.
- Provide actionable insights to drive key decisions across the marketing organization using a range of analytical/statistical techniques from descriptive analysis to predictive/explanatory models
- Be a self-starter, eager to learn, and motivated by a passion for developing the best possible solutions to problems
- MS or Ph.D. or equivalent experience in a quantitative field such as computer or data science, economics, applied statistics or life sciences
- 5+ years of experience in developing and deploying machine learning and deep learning models in a professional setting
- Knowledgeable about recent advancement in the field and possess a strong research mindset
- Domains of expertise should include at least one of the following: collaborative filtering, content-based recommender systems, link-click prediction, NLP for information retrieval, computer vision or predictive customer targeting.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras and/or Pytorch and developing statistical studies in Python/Jupyter
- Experience with MLops tools and platforms such as MLflow, Sagemaker and DataBricks
- Advanced SQL skills
- Practical experience with distributed data platforms: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, SPARK
- Usage of cloud compute solutions, eg. AWS, GCS or Azure
- Experience with version control systems such as Github
- Hands-on experience with Unix and shell scripting
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
The compensation package for this role is based on multiple factors, such as job level, responsibilities, location, and candidate experience. The base pay ranges included below are specific to the locations listed and may not be applicable to other locations. California: [$138,100 -$197,250] Connecticut, New York, and Rhode Island: [$138,100 - $179,100] Colorado and Washington: [$138,100 - $165,600] Nevada: [$129,800-$179, 100] This position may be eligible for a bonus incentive, health benefits, a 401K program, and other employee perks. More details about our company benefits can be found at https://shutterflyinc.com/benefits/.