What are we building?
Hard Rock Digital is a team focused on becoming the best online sportsbook, casino, and social casino company in the world. We’re building a team that resonates passion for learning, operating and building new products and technologies for millions of consumers. We care about each customer's interaction, experience, behaviour, and insight and strive to ensure we’re always acting authentically.
Rooted in the kindred spirits of Hard Rock and the Seminole Tribe of Florida, the new Hard Rock Digital taps a brand known the world over as the leader in gaming, entertainment, and hospitality. We’re taking that foundation of success and bringing it to the digital space — ready to join us?
What’s the position?
We are looking for a Sr. Martech Data Engineer to join our quickly growing product and technology teams in Austin, TX. As a Sr. Martech Data Engineer, you will work to engineer and maintain the operationalised data layer inside the customer data platform (Segment), unifying customer profiles across mobile applications, physical hotels and casinos, attribution funnels and CRM flows. This data layer forms the link between marketing, customer communications, product and operations – all of which will drive continuous improvements in understanding and engaging our customers.
This role will work across multiple functions, transforming business requirements into actionable data that can be captured and made available throughout the data layer. The capture and activation of the data will be accomplished in collaboration with technical teams – the ability to communicate across business and technical stakeholders is key.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ownership of marketing technology stack data layer
- Design and maintain tracking calls, data enrichment, data protocols, and data federation from Segment to tools like Amplitude, Braze and Salesforce
- Design and maintain feature extraction pipelines both in real-time and in batch from the DWH in Snowflake
- Collaboration with the data engineering, data science and analytics teams to constantly innovate and improve customer experience
- To leverage the marketing technology stack in tandem with product and marketing teams to implement data solutions that facilitate real-time product personalization, customer profiling and identification, promotions and marketing automation.
What are we looking for?
- Familiarity with product analytics, product funnels, conversion optimization, etc.
- Strong background in data cleanliness and clear naming conventions
- Strong Proficiency in SQL including a solid understanding of how to optimise query performance.
- Ability to learn new industries and new business types quickly
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project and time management skills
- Think creatively and abstractly, initiates projects, identifies and resolve problems
- Think in data – solve the puzzle of data impacts experience
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points
- Intimately familiar with marketing technology, preferably with experience instrumenting a CDP tracking plan
- Experience with any of: Segment, Amplitude, Google Analytics, Firebase, AppsFlyer, Braze, Salesforce is very valuable
- Experience with Snowflake DWH, Tableau or Python is a plus
- 4+ years of experience in the area of Digital Marketing Analytics in a Consumer-driven B2C environment
- You thrive in a collaborative work environment and excel under pressure, with experience working on sophisticated, large-scale, time-critical projects.
- Familiarity with Tag Management platforms and how they work alongside ad servers
- Familiarity with deep linking and attribution providers like AppsFlyer or Branch
- Familiarity of multitouch attribution techniques and attribution modelling
- Excellent command of English
What’s in it for you?
We offer our employees more than just competitive compensation. Our team benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible vacation allowance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage Options
- Employee Discounts
- Advancement opportunities
- Start-up culture backed by a secure, globally recognized brand.
- Opportunity to drive a best-in-class customer experience for the Hard Rock Digital community
Roster of Uniques
We care deeply about every interaction our customers have with us and trust and empower our staff to own and drive their experience. Our vision for our business and customers is built on fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment where regardless of background or beliefs you feel able to be authentic and bring all your talent into play. We want to celebrate you being you (we are an equal opportunities employer)