- Exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Analyst
- VPS4 Classification salary range ($90,067 - $102,192) plus superannuation
- One (1) ongoing, full-time position available
Enforcement and Support Services (ESS) is a business until within Fines and Enforcement Services, Department of Justice and Community Safety's Fines, Registration and Crime Prevention group. ESS is responsible for managing the end-to-end infringement system in Victoria.
FES supports the behaviour and work that exemplify our CARE Ways of working - Collaborative, Accountable, Respectful and Engaged - these principles form the foundation of our success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Business Support Lead, this role is responsible for a range of activities including analysing and interpreting data for reporting purposes. They will be responsible for creating efficiencies in data capture and the delivery of self-service data and reports. In addition, they will support the development, implementation and integration of policies, programs, and services relevant to Enforcement and Support Services.
About You As our ideal candidate, you will possess:
- Experience in data collation, data governance, data analysis and/or research.
- Experience in the interpretation, presentation, and communication of quantitative data to a range of audiences.
- Skilled in business intelligence, data and analysis technical specialties (using tools such as MS SQL, Power BI, Qlik Sense) including demonstrated application in a business setting.
- Efficient in using and extracting data from an Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Experience in the delivery of operational business projects.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare well-written, timely, concise, accurate and audience-appropriate briefings and reports and documents for publication.
- Experience in the use Java an advantage.
For further information please refer to the position description attached.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button on this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include national police checks and misconduct screening.
If you require adjustments to the recruitment and selection process, or require an alternative format to any of the application material, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the contact person listed on this ad. FOR INTERNAL VPS EMPLOYEES:
For all VPS employees, due to the new JSE policy, please apply through the JSE only to be considered for this position.
For this particular vacancy, priority consideration applies to Victorian Public Service (VPS) and select employees of the Victorian Public Sector who apply through the Jobs Skills Exchange (JSE) jobs board platform. IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
The department is committed to providing and maintaining a working environment which is safe and without risk to the health of its employees consistent with the department's obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic).
Therefore, there is a requirement that all DJCS employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to undertake duties outside of their homes.
Prior to commencement of employment with the department you will need to provide evidence that you are vaccinated against COVID-19. Acceptable evidence includes:
- COVID-19 digital certificate (available via your myGov account)
- Your immunisation history statement (available via your myGov account) or
- A letter from the GP who vaccinated you.