Description & Requirements
UKG is looking for an experienced Sr. Data Analyst to serve as a team player in the Global Alliances organization. The Sr. Data Analyst will report directly to the Director of Business Program Management and will play a key role in analyzing data to help drive efficiencies across our partner ecosystem. You will be asked to transform, inspect, and model data to allow us to make informed decision in support of the growth of our program while collaborating cross functionally.
We are looking for someone that can bring not just experience, motivation, and energy to the team, but someone passionate about using data to tell a story. This team operates in a high-energy and fast-paced environment and requires an individual that is self-motivated and can manage numerous and concurrent initiatives. While attention to detail is crucial, the ability to be flexible, think quickly on your feet, and fully understand impact to the “big picture” is also important.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Gather requirements for Operation & Analytical reporting needs of UKG.
- Understand business processes and the applications used by the business to drive key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Participate or lead workshops/sessions to capture business requirements/user stories highlighting business needs.
- Translate business requirements into detailed functional requirements or report requirements & partner with architects, solution consultants, dev resources on the solution design.
- Create wireframes for Reporting/dashboarding requirements
- Performing data analysis to uncover use cases, data mappings, anomalies, data quality rules etc.
- Provide inputs on Data Models and ETL processes based on business requirements and in-depth knowledge of data sources.
- Work in conjunction with IT teams & other stakeholders to align with the business on prioritization of work, providing detailed communication on scheduled progress of work.
- Work closely with Project Manager to highlight & mitigate risks like scope, schedule etc. & ensure the project stays on track
- Provide trainings and support to end users on BI systems/solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field is preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Business Intelligence as BA.
- Demonstrated analytical and project management skills, including thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into functional requirements
- Good understanding of data warehousing concepts and relational data models
- Understanding of ETL tools preferably Informatica and data transformation
- Experience on Business Intelligence tools like IBM Cognos, Microsoft Power BI etc. is desirable.
- 1-2 years experience using SQL for performing data profiling & ad-hoc data analysis.
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.