RBC Brewin Dolphin is one of the UK's leading independent providers of discretionary wealth management. We offer award-winning personalised wealth management services that meet the varied needs of over 100,000 account holders, including individuals, charities, and pension funds.
We specialise in helping clients protect and grow their wealth by creating financial plans and investment portfolios that meet personal and professional ambitions and aspirations. Our services range from bespoke, discretionary investment management to retirement planning and tax-efficient investing.
About This Opportunity
We have a requirement for a Data Engineer to join our team in London on a permanent basis. If you feel this role suits your skills and experience, we would love to hear from you.Responsibilities Include
- Feature development, issue resolution, and daily monitoring on cloud delta lakehouse data platform.
- Operate as part of an agile technical team participating in all agile team ceremonies such as daily stand up meetings and backlog refinement sessions.
- Experience as a data solutions developer in Azure.
- Experience working in a data warehouse solution landscape.
- Experience building and optimising 'big data' data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and semi-structured data sets
- The ability to design and implement well written code
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to test the data from source to the presentation layer
- Ability to support/troubleshoot data pipelines
- Experience of Azure DevOps code management practices (repos, gitflow, pull requests, release pipelines)
- Experience working within an Azure DevOps agile process (DevOps boards, sprint cycles, etc)
- Confident and concise communication skills, with the ability to drive alignment, collaboration, and efficiency within teams
- PySpark, Spark SQL, T-SQL
- ADF, ADLS, Azure SQL Database, Databricks, Delta
We are looking for candidates with not only the right skills, but those who demonstrate our values in how they approach their work and colleaguesGenuine–
Shows empathy and understanding for the needs of clients and colleagues. Team worker demonstrating trust, respect and integrity.Expert–
Applies skills and knowledge to achieve objectives and makes the complex simple. Brings together the right people and grows expertise to get the best results for clients. Seeks continuous improvement.Ambitious-
Works hard to be at their best. Embraces change for the better. Strives to do the best for clients and colleagues
RBC Brewin Dolphin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting and developing a diverse workforce, inclusive of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation and disability. If you have particular requirements in relation to accessibility or mobility during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will do our best to make suitable adjustments.
To apply for this role, please click the Apply button below. The closing date for applications is 29/11/2022. Some of our vacancies receive high numbers of applications and we may decide to close this sooner, so we would encourage you to apply as early as possible.