Senior Big Data Engineer
We are looking for experienced, innovative and highly motivated engineer who is capable of working independently to design, develop and support data engineering solutions. This role requires a considerable focus on understanding our data we deal with as an organization, develop a better understanding of our data through profiling, take ownership of the solution design, work collaboratively with the wider engineering team to implement optimal solutions in a timely manner and ensure successful deployment and operation of the platform in production. Our platform helps solve complex business challenges pertaining to healthcare data such as mapping wide variety of healthcare drug and diagnosis data to standard coding frames. You will have the opportunity to be able to solve complex engineering challenges and develop innovative solutions. In daily work you will be responsible for create and deliver platform to loading and processing millions of electronic medical records.
The Systems Engineering team is one of the fastest growing groups within Real-World Solutions (RWS) Technology division. We are enthusiastic about Agile software development, are one of the strongest advocates for DevOps and Test-Driven Development (TDD) in the group and believe strongly in enabling individuals to be their best by allowing them to be independent and be part of a self-organizing team.
The team deals with a wide variety of patient-level health care data, which is used by RWS Technology to solve complex healthcare problems for our clients ranging from supporting retrospective clinical studies to disease progression projections.
In your daily work, you will work with a team of Architects responsible for designing an effective solution, with Data Analysts who will help you understand the domain and medical data, as well as with the Quality assurance team, which will ensure high standards of software quality.
- Build pipelines for processing big amount of medical data
- Participate in system design, development, deployment and maintenance
- Configuration and prototyping of new systems
- Conduct peer code reviews
- Consistently and proactively expanding knowledge, network, and know-how to incorporate new thinking into current processes/products/tools/methods
- Contribute to the definition and adoption of technical standards
- Work closely with the data analysts to identify and provide required data
- Create comprehensive automated unit and integration tests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or another related field
- 3+ years knowledge in Big Data Stream processing (Scala, Apache Spark)
- Experience with Microservices Architecture
- Experience with one or more of: Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Apache Flink, HDFS
- Knowledge of the NoSQL database such as Hive, HBase, Cassandra, ElasticSearch or others
- Experience with implementing Agile practices (ideally SCRUM)
- Experience with TDD, CI, CD Jenkins
- Knowledge of build automation tools such as Maven, Gradle, SBT
- Experience with a VCS preferably Git
- Knowledge of algorithms & design patterns and how to apply them effectively
Personal skills and behaviours:
- Excellent analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Strong collaboration, written and verbal skills
- Familiarity with project management concepts, specifically Agile/Scrum
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com