Our electric motor plant in Bad Neustadt an der Saale is a pioneer and showcase factory for digital industrialization in mechanical processing. Together we redefine manufacturing applications and create intelligent solutions to make machines even more efficient.
With your expertise, you enable our customers to operate their production machines even more efficiently. How? With the development of your innovative Image Processing solutions you will help to improve the manufacturing processes and the people on the shopfloor. The direct connection to our factory allows you to test and see new insights and the results of your development work directly!
Your algorithms are therefore an important contribution to the responsible use of resources in industrial production!
Change the world of tomorrow with us.
- As Senior Data Scientist you will work in a team of data analysts, AI specialists and B/W developers on the development of B/W solutions for industrial manufacturing.
- You develop products using modern approaches in the fields of digitalization of manufacturing with Visual Technologies from an idea to a software system. You work with the latest technologies using artificial intelligence and computer vision technologies, therefore you work closely with domain specialists.
- You will work with different Siemens organizations and factories worldwide to drive forward digitalization with our products and analyze new business opportunities.
- Close collaboration and local integration with one of our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities allows for collaborative creation and immediate feedback on how well your ideas and their results fit into a truly productive environment.
- You keep an eye on technological developments and are therefore happy to work out your own inventions and patents.
Your profile for Making the future possible.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
- University degree (doctorate is an advantage) in computer science, mathematics, physics or engineering sciences.
- Long-term experience with technologies, algorithms and methodologies in the areas of Computer Vision and Machine Learning (publication record is a plus).
- Python, Tensorflow, AutoML, Object-Detection, Anomaly-Detection. Experience in agile software development and R&D project work is an advantage.
- Since you establish connections with different factories worldwide, good communications skills and intercultural sensibility are desirable.
- The advantage of this position is that you can immediately see how your AI models work on the machine and receive unfiltered feedback from the machine operator with whom you are building a relationship. Your work is meaningful and your knowledge on site allows you to continuously improve your skills.
- After initial training home office is possible 2-3x a week.
- Experience in manufacturing is a plus, but not obligatory
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
FAQ - if you need further information on the application process.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We at Siemens believe that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working conditions to enable agile working and innovation.
Besides exciting job opportunities, we offer a wide variety of benefits and pay special attention to a healthy work-life balance. Continuous learning and development of our employees is important to us – we believe it´s key of our success!
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.