WHAT MAKES US A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world's best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are a Glassdoor Best Place to Work and we have maintained a spot in the top four since its founding in 2009. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration are key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally.
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
Working alongside our generalist consultants, Bain's Advanced Analytics Group (AAG) helps clients across industries solve their biggest problems using our expertise in data science, customer insights, statistics, machine learning, data management, supply chain analytics and data engineering. Stationed in our global offices, AAG team members hold advanced degrees in computer science, engineering, AI, data science, physics, statistics, mathematics, and other quantitative disciplines, with backgrounds in a variety of fields including tech, data science, marketing analytics and academia.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a member of the growing Data Science and Machine Learning (ML) Engineering team in Bain’s Advanced Analytics Group, you will:
- Work with general consulting teams to understand ML aspects of business problems, and appropriately prioritize and execute
- Provide technical expertise for end-to-end technical solution delivery on client cases (from solution architecture to hands-on development work)
- Develop statistical/ML models to be handed over to clients as prototype or production software
- Transform existing prototype code into scalable, production-grade software
- Write, test, deploy and maintain machine learning code across the full software development lifecycle
- Collaborate on (or lead) the development of re-usable common frameworks, model and components that can be highly leveraged to address common ML engineering problems across industries and business functions
- Drive best demonstrated practices in software engineering, and share learnings with team members in AAG about theoretical and technical developments in ML engineering
- 2-3 years of engineering experience
- Proficient knowledge of Python and SQL
- Proficiency in one or more of R, Java, C++, Scala, Go, Julia
- Understanding of implementing statistical and machine learning models, deploying these and maintaining them in production environments
- Strong understanding of fundamental computer science concepts, particularly data structures, algorithms, automated testing, object-oriented programming, performance complexity, and implications of computer architecture on software performance
- Solid understanding of foundational concepts and algorithms in statistics and machine learning, including NLP, linear/logistic regression, SVM, random forest, boosting, neural networks, dimensionality reduction, reinforcement learning, etc.
- Understanding of machine learning frameworks and tools (e.g. Pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Pytorch, Keras, Huggingface)
- Understanding of probabilistic programming techniques and associated tools (e.g. Pyro, Stan, Tensorflow Probability, PyMC3), Bayesian inference and MCMC methods
- Understanding of MLOps (scalable development to deployment of complex data science workflows) and associated tools, e.g. MLflow, Kubeflow
- Experience with containers, Docker and Git
- Experience working in accordance with DevSecOps principles, and familiarity with industry deployment best practices using CI/CD tools and infrastructure as code (Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform)
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure, Databricks, etc) and associated machine learning products, e.g. Amazon SageMaker, Azure ML
- Experience in big data technologies, e.g. Hadoop, BigQuery, MapReduce, Apache Spark
- Experience working according to agile principles
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to explain and discuss technicalities of ML algorithms and techniques with colleagues and clients from other disciplines
- Ability to work independently and juggle priorities to thrive in a fast paced and ambiguous environment, while also collaborating as part of a team in complex situations
- Travel is required (30%)
Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world’s most ambitious change makers define the future.
Across 64 cities in 39 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition, and redefine industries. We complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster, and more enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest more than $1 billion in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise, and insight to organizations tackling today’s urgent challenges in education, racial equity, social justice, economic development, and the environment. We earned a gold rating from EcoVadis, the leading platform for environmental, social, and ethical performance ratings for global supply chains, putting us in the top 2% of all companies. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients, and we proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry.
U.S. Compensation and Benefit Information:
Compensation for this role includes base salary, annual discretionary performance bonus, 401(k) plan with an annual employer contribution based on years of service and Bain’s best in class benefits package (details listed below).
Some local governments in the United States require a good-faith, reasonable salary range be included in job postings for open roles. The estimated annualized compensation for this role is as follows:
In New York City, the good-faith, reasonable annualized full-time salary range for this role is between $122,500 - $162,000; placement within this range will vary based on several factors including, but not limited to experience, education, licensure/certifications, training and skill level
In California state, the good-faith, reasonable annualized full-time salary range for this role is between $122,500 - $162,000; placement within this range will vary based on several factors including, but not limited to experience, education, licensure/certifications, training and skill level
In Washington state, the good-faith, reasonable annualized full-time salary range for this role is between $122,500 - $162,000; placement within this range will vary based on several factors including, but not limited to experience, education, licensure/certifications, training and skill level
For all other U.S. locations, the good-faith, reasonable annualized full-time salary range for this role is commensurate with competitive geographic market rates for this role and will vary based on several factors including, but not limited to experience, education, licensure/certifications, training and skill level
Annual discretionary performance bonus
This role may also be eligible for other elements of discretionary compensation
4.5% 401(k) company contribution, which increases after 3 years of service and is 100% vested upon start date
Bain & Company's comprehensive U.S. benefits and wellness program is designed to help employees achieve personal independence, protection and stability in the areas most important to you and your family.