As a Barclays Data Analyst you will join the Data Insights Team and be responsible for Contributing to the development and implementation of Analytics strategies and Data Science solutions. This will be the ideal role for someone who has the ability to maintain and enhance relationships with open-source and commercial vendors, consultants/SIs and other relevant 3rd parties. You will Partner with wider operations and technology communities to deliver technology solutions, build and engineer.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.What will you be doing?
What We’re Looking For
- Maintaining knowledge of relevant technologies at the core/internals levels in order to act competently in Subject Matter Expert role
- Partnering with Lead Engineers, Architects, Operation leads and broadly colleagues within operations & technology community to coordinate strategies
- Developing and communicate Data technology choices and core patterns in their application
- Contributing to Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with open-source and commercial vendors, consultants/SIs and other relevant 3rd parties
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Graduate / Post graduate degree in Business, Statistics, Computer Science, or related fields
- Experience with primarily Engineering and Operations and / or Business roles in financial institutions or retail cards domain or technology companies
- Proven experience; deep understanding and implementation of IT business strategies
- Dynamic leader of Data modelling, testing / development teams focused on certifications, development and delivery of ML models, micro services, dashboards on using python
Where will you be working?
- Financial or Cards industry relevant background
- Experience of working to tight deadlines in a fast-moving environment
- Experience in modelling and visualizations in complex enterprise systems and platforms
- Experience of working and building solutions in public cloud (AWS)
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.