Full-time, Location: Vienna, Austria or remote within a similar timezone +/- 2 hours of CET.
With urbanization and climate change the defining features of our time, mobility is in a significant state of flux, with innovative solutions needed to address this new reality. At Ubiq we believe it is only through a data-driven approach that these solutions can be both sustainable and profitable. We are confident that, with our product and services, we can play a vital role in shaping the future of mobility.
With a growing number of customers around the world, and an exciting data-driven product that is developing continuously, we are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team and lead the activities in this area in a strategic way.
- Leading our efforts in Data Science in order to drive our product further
- Coming up with new approaches for improving our service and measuring its impact
- Being the go-to person for strategic data science topics within our team
- Mentoring and coaching members of the team on data science topics
- Conducting data analyses
- Handling geospatial data related to our products
- Developing & reviewing spatio-temporal models
- Driving the automation of pipelines
- Testing and tuning statistical models
- Preparing powerful visualizations and computing performance metrics
- Evaluating the quality of current data sources & continuously improving them
What we are looking for...
You enjoy working in a team but are not afraid to work independently. You love to come up with new ideas, try them & see them develop. You think further than the status quo. The more skills you can cover from this list, the better:
- 4+ years of experience working as a Data Scientist in a strategically relevant role
- Field of study: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field focused on predictive modelling and quantitative analysis.
- Knowledge of and experience with holistic data science approaches
- Strong understanding & experience of machine learning approaches, reinforcement learning and other trends in the field
- Ability to take the lead on tasks & activities, and engage colleagues in the process
- Experience in developing/ building/ growing a team
- Strong track record in applying data science concepts to real-world products, ideally in a dynamic/ start-up setting
- Team management experience is a big advance
- Good English language skills (German language not required)
- Austrian/ EU work permit
What we are offering...
- The opportunity to a shape a fast-growing start-up & take a leading role in it
- Working with international clients in the mobility field
- A fantastic team with lots of start-up spirit and English as the working language
- Flexible working hours - healthy balance between office & remote work
- Continuous training & learning support (events, training, courses, etc.)
- Top equipment, incl. individual equipment budget for special requests, company phone, company e-scooters, etc.
- Free fruits, snacks and drinks
- Regular team events
- Competitive salary in line with your experience & qualifications
Please send your documents in English (CV & description of why you are the right person for the role, incl. your earliest start date & salary expectation).