Founded in 2003, GroupM is the largest media investment company in the world, representing 31% of all media billings worldwide; 1 in 3 ads are placed by the network. The global team of 36,400 people, operating in 80 markets, is united in vision to shape the next era of media where advertising works better for people.
GroupM Services offers our expertise and delivery using the industry’s advertising and marketing technology platforms that matter most to clients. Analytics is at the core of what we do!
Our agencies—Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence, and m/SIX—are our success and serve as the front line to a new era of media strategy and innovation. Unique in services, culture and ideas, each brand is a leader in their field.
About the role
As a data scientist in Data Strategy and Analytics department, you will be building tools and models to build effective marketing campaigns.
Our data scientists are responsible for building models that will feed into audience selection and developing value-based metrics and scoring that can feed into campaign planning and optimisation, maintaining return on investment and forecasting models, ensuring that these models run with correct data inputs and refreshing interactive dashboards. Data scientists also answer more ad hoc queries, building statistical and machine learning models and designing data visualisations based on client-specific needs.
Initially, this role will focus on helping us get our new google practice up and running creating new tools, and model design and building new analysis and activation tools.
You will have an analytical mindset and a passion for solving problems. It is essential that you have experience with statistical modelling methods and machine learning models that allow us to find and build audiences based on propensity scoring or categorisation using media, web analytics, or client-provided data. Ability to code in Python is an advantage.
About the person we’re looking for
- 3+ years of experience in a similar Data Science role
- Relevant work experience in data science, machine learning, and business analytics within the GCP suite of tools.
- Experience of using Cloud technologies eg GCP
- Strong proficiency in database technologies eg. SQL, ETL, No-SQL, DW, and Big Data
- Knowledge of machine learning modelling techniques and how to fine-tune those models eg. XGBoost, Deep Neural Networks, Transformers, Markov chains, etc.
- Experience of reporting BI tools - ideally Tableau and potentially R-Shiny, SSRS, Qliksense, Power BI
- Knowledge of web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, DataStudio & DoubleClick
- A good understanding of business performance metrics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to data integrity
- The ability to manage projects and processes independently
- Must demonstrate the capacity of reading, understanding and implementing new techniques in the field of machine learning as they emerge.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to become part of one of the most innovative and progressive media groups in the world! As a core member of the team you will have opportunity to help define our product, work with, our industry-leading clients and the chance to build your career & your future the way you want it!
If you feel you have the skills and experience for this exciting and challenging role, we would love to hear from you!