- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
- 2 years working as a Data Scientist
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or a similar quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience in an Analytics, Business Intelligence, or Data Science role
- Experience analyzing, manipulating, and mining large Data Sets using SQL
- Experience in applying Statistics and Regressions to create models using one of the following languages: SAS, R, or Python
- Experience creating automated reports and work on ad hoc analysis
Envision being a member of a small, agile team where your ideas reach millions within months, not years. Picture working on groundbreaking consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the way we make decisions. Envision being able to use the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born amongst engineers, and come to life as the Digital mp3 Store, Cloud Player, and Prime Music ad-free streaming.
You are someone who enjoys diving deep into data to generating insights that will help drive business strategy while maintaining a customer focus. You will have demonstrated quantitative and qualitative experience with impact to a business, a track record of problem solving using software and analysis tools, and the desire to create and build new processes. You will be required to quickly gain a deep understanding of our BI platforms, database schemas, ETL’s, and business logic. You will partner with the Metrics and Data Platform team on metrics creation, data governance, QA, and requirements creation. This is a business facing role where supporting Product, Engineering, Merchandising, Marketing and Leadership teams with data analysis. You will help to optimize product and business strategies based on your findings.
You are highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended. You enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top. You see your mistakes as learning opportunities and continually look for ways to improve yourself, your team and your products. You understand that not all solutions come easily and don’t shy away from hard work to reach your goals. You are excited about the opportunity to engage in developing a top notch consumer web application and user experience.
A day in the life
Working with data engineers to build datasets, building recommender models for recommendations across platforms, working with tech teams to test and validate the models, work with data engineers to productionalize these models, represent DISCO in internal and external conferences and be a leader in recommendation systems in the org.
About the team
The DISCO Marketing & Growth team focuses on accelerating Amazon Music and Podcast customer growth by empowering Marketing & Growth teams to make sound, customer-centric decisions through data and insights. Additionally, we enable Music marketing teams to scale and automate by building and operating data pipelines, self-service analytics, dashboards and predictive models. We empower a “hands off the wheel” (HOTW) approach enabling acquisition, engagement and retention at scale with personalized customer touch points.
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or any other quantitative field
- Experience analyzing web logs, mobile data, and customer data sets
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop/MapReduce or other Big Data technologies
- Knowledge and experience manipulating data using PL/SQL, Ruby, Java, and/or Python
- Experience working closely with product and engineering teams to find opportunities through data analysis
- Internet/Music industry experience
- A self-starter who loves data and who enjoys spotting the trends in it!