Who we are
📱 Yubo is a live social discovery app launched in 2015, with the ambition to create a space where Gen Z can belong, feel safe and make friends. With more than 70 million users worldwide across 140 countries, we celebrate the true essence of being young, and make it easy to connect with others wherever you are.
We are a French Tech company, part of the Next120, and our mission is to inspire and enable a new generation to find out about the world and themselves. Yubo’s business model is different from other social networks: in-app purchases and subscriptions. Yubo’s growth relies on paid UA, not virality.
Our objective is to become the safest social app in the world. Indeed, as leading platform for young people to socialize online, we have a special responsibility towards our community to building a safe digital space, and we take it very seriously. Safety is at the core of our DNA, and we have developed and implemented a wide range of safeguards in the app. We also work closely with the broader technology industry, NGOs and charities to create industry-leading child protection standards. We really have a proactive approach to protect, support and educate. Since 2020, we are scaling and expanding internationally, and we recently opened our offices in London and Milan.
Join our team of 200 colleagues working from all over the world!
As a Senior Data Analyst, you:
- Ensure availability and reliability of the data;
- Debug and problem solve issues to ensure delivery of accurate metrics;
- Integrate raw data from multiple data sources;
- Create dashboards with our main visualization tools (Tableau, Amplitude);
- Create adhoc analysis to provide insights on specific topics;
- Provide on-going reporting and performance monitoring from multiple data source;
- Be a driving force in addressing large volumes of data;
Technical & Mindset Prerequisites
- Professional background:
- 1-2 years
- Start-up / Scale-up
- Specific knowledge:
- Strong knowledge on SQL, including experience querying complex data sets (MySQL, BigQuery)
- Data-hacker: ability to investigate, search for information and cross-reference data sources
- Possess business and commercial sensitivity and the ability to explain problems and solutions effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- English B2-C1
- Background in statistics, BI, economics, engineering, data mining or other technical
- Experience with data visualization / BI tools such as ( Amplitude, Tableau, Google Data Studio, Looker,..)
- Soft skills:
- Curious, resourceful, keen to investigate
- Ability to understand stakeholders expectations
- Good communicator
The recruitment Process
- Interview with TAM
- Interview with Lead Data Analyst
- Technical Test and debrief with the team
- Fit Interviews
Our approach to privacy
- As part of your job, you will be working on tools that process personal data relating to Yubo users
- As a social media platform, we require our employees to have a strong awareness and understanding of privacy issues, and in particular of children's online safety, privacy and well-being
- Every employee at Yubo is expected to participate in compliance with data protection regulations as well as the continuous improvement of our Privacy & Safety By Design measures
What we can offer you
Our culture :
✨Yubo is a tribe of diverse backgrounds and expertise (tech, marketing & communication, safety, support functions...) that share common values like a results-based culture, total transparency, a strong team spirit, the drive to continue learning, and courage to face challenges head-on.
Our policy about diversity & inclusion :
🏳️🌈 We’re serious about diversity and inclusion at Yubo. People of color, gay, lesbian, transgender, non-binary people, parents, and people with disabilities are all welcome on our team. We hold regular workshops to foster a culture of empathy and compassion for minority issues. We are proud that diversity and inclusion are crucial assets to our team.
Working at Yubo means :
🗽Flexibility and autonomy: the chance to work remotely when you want and where you want and with the material and tools of your choice
🔥 Trust and empowerment: We’ve only just begun this adventure, and there are plenty of projects to work on. So it’s up to you to shape your role according to your skills and career path with the support of your manager.
🥰 Care and well-being: We care a lot about our people with a lot of benefits such as... Health insurance 100% reimbursed, lunch vouchers 60% reimbursed, sick leave 100% covered, parental leave for both parents, brand new offices in the Paris, London, and Milan, Pass Navigo (metro/bus) 100% covered, transport cost reimbursement for people who bike to work, and a kitchen stocked with free snacks and drinks.
🥳 Togetherness and fun: 1 monthly team-building to celebrate, 1 incredible trip per year to relax and disconnect, quarterly team-buildings per team to rediscover each other and reconnect, Switch games after lunch, and, of course, kind and friendly teammates
🎉We are certified HappyIndex® / AtWork StartUp 2021, Tech AtWork® 2021, and Hybrid Worplace® 2021 🍾