As a Data Analyst in our Sales & Markets team, you will work on various topics, projects and ad hoc analysis to bring deep understanding of our customers and of business performance drivers and help the market managers as well as the campaign merchandisers to derive local strategies and customer centric business steering rules.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- You help define our analytics roadmap on market economics and enable us to better analyse and understand market needs, patterns, and trends with defining standard reports and ad hoc analysis.
- Analysing customer behavior to the most granular level, providing insights about what they are actually doing, how they are interacting with the product and hence, forecasting demand.
- You are an excellent communicator and with your data storytelling skills support our senior management and business teams taking data-based business decisions and actions.
- You easily translate questions into testable hypotheses and research questions to drive business to the next level. Your deep dive analyses and visualisations on large & diverse data sets will help us to develop our business model and product market fit.
- You serve as a mentor for junior Analysts and coach your commercial colleagues to grow their analytical capabilities. You will further spark the team's enthusiasm for being data-driven, and help them to be able to get and work on the data they need to base decisions on their own analyses.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Your balance technical acumen with business understanding and excel in collaborating with commercial stakeholders to drive insightful, robust analyses. Proven track record of 3+ years as a quantitative Analyst in a sales function, e-commerce experience needed.
- Proficient in data transformation and statistical computing in SQL (experience with Spark/Databricks/PySpark/Big Query desirable) and experienced in data visualisation & storytelling (e.g. Tableau).
- Experience in Google Analytics, creating custom funnels to understand customer pain points and coming up with strategies to help markets managers in providing the right kind of supply.
- Experience in Python favorable
- Proficient Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a curious and self-starter mindset. You couple your passion for big data with pragmatism to drive actions and impact.
- Excellent educational background in Economics, Social Studies, Mathematics, Statistics or similar quantitative field. Advanced degree preferred.
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe's leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 34 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.