Who is Swire Coca-Cola?
We are one of the largest bottlers of Coca-Cola and other beverage brands in America. Our 7,200 hardworking and passionate employees produce and distribute more than 50 brands and flavors across 13 states. We have as many careers as we have flavors, and regardless of which role you choose, you have a direct impact on Swire Coca-Cola, our products, and the communities we call home.
At Swire Coca-Cola, our commitment to excellence is what guides our actions with our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time associates which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays and Company Discounts. What does a Date Engineer II do at Swire Coca-Cola?
As part of Swire’s Enterprise Data Warehouse Team, the Data Engineer will help business users and analysts throughout the organization access the data they need to operate and grow the business. The Data Engineer will work with end users and IT staff to gather requirements, build and maintain secure, compliant data processing pipelines using different services, tools and techniques. They will ensure that data pipelines and data objects are high-performing, efficient, organized, and reliable.Responsibilities
- Build and maintain secure and compliant data processing pipelines, tables, views, procedures and datasets
- Tune and monitor data pipelines to maximize their performance over time
- Collaborate with analysts and data scientists to create value from data and build the production infrastructure to deliver and act upon those insights at scale
- Integrate, transform, and consolidate data from various structured and unstructured data systems into structures that can support analytics, data science, and machine learning
- Explore second and third party data sources that can drive value and design smart strategies to acquire and standardize it to support apps and analytics
- Monitor, troubleshoot and resolve issues in production environments
- Review ETL/ELT code and pipelines and assess tools and procedures for enhanced data validation, code quality and engineer efficiency
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related degree required, Masters Degree preferred
- 6+ years prior related experience required with Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of prior related experience required with a Master's degree required
- 3+ years of experience with large data sets required
- 1+ year with Cloud data experience required
- Software Design Concepts
- Snowflake/ SQL
- Data Modelling
- Cloud Development(Azure/AWS/GCP)
- Programming (Python/Scala/Java/VB and etc)
- Cloud Architecture
- Software Architecture
Swire Coca-Cola is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer that participates in the E-Verify program as required by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.