At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
The Americas Sales Operations Data Analyst - a trusted business partner for our Americas Sales Operations Leaders. You have strong experience relating to doing business with Americas customers, sales planning with analytical acumen, strategic thinking, and the ability to develop strong partnerships with sales operations managers and cross-functional teams. You will provide analytic support for the core Americas sales operations team members, helping to identify trends, gaps, opportunities, and prepare for weekly, monthly, and quarterly meetings. You will own and maintain various operations cadence, forecasting, and business reviews, as well as monitoring and improving the overall pulse of the Americas sales business through sales tools, processes, and metrics; empower decision-making, drive strategic initiatives, measure performance, and enable the sales leadership teams to focus on execution with accuracy.
- Assist Theater and Area Vice Presidents of business units, as well as the Sales Operations Leaders in all facets of running the business, including:
- Provide analytic data to support our annual sales planning including quota planning, go-to-market modeling, capacity modeling and optimization.
- Manage regional bookings forecast information leveraging existing internal processes, methodologies and automation/forecasting tools
- Drive adoption of forecasting tools and dashboards to promote consistent visibility and delivery of business plan
- Convert raw data into well-presented and useful business information that drives business decisions
- Manage around and through potential process and technical limitations to deliver the best outcomes possible
- Drive standards of performance and specific activities that align with the predefined success criteria for the sales organization; track and report on these activities to ensure outcomes are on track/met.
- Act as primary driver of SFDC data cleanliness across the Americas organization.
- Single point of contact for our weekly forecasting templates - including upkeep of templates, creating new versions each quarter, automating and refreshing data, transferring data to Global sheets, and any other analysis needed for weekly forecasting.
- Manage compliance of the non-standard transactions process
- Track quarterly metrics on general business performance, average discounts, non-standard exceptions, etc.; recommend action items for improvement
- Three to five years of previous experience in a business-focused analytics role preferred
- Strong understanding of sales processes, business acumen, and methodologies
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- A demonstrated passion for information and business intelligence
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail, experience using reporting and analytics applications preferred; Salesforce preferred and/or Anaplan a plus
- Proven track record of effectively interfacing with cross-functional departments and sales management team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills
- Advanced skills in Excel & PowerPoint; Tableau experience also a plus. Salesforce.com experience a strong plus
- Experience with Google’s G Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides) is a plus
- Ability to work cross-functionally across all areas of the business
- Self-starter, able to establish own priorities, initiatives and drive to closure
- Works well under pressure of heavy workload and time constraints
- Basic understanding of Sales, Inside-Sales, Channels and supporting business functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, analytics, or finance preferred
Our sales operation team members support our sales account managers and systems engineers to assist in large organization’s migrations to more cybersecurity. Sales operations work behind the scenes to make sure that our sales relationships run smoothly, enabling and empowering the teams across the world.
You support the sales team by providing research, reports, and craft and support systems and processes that enable the process of sales. It’s a true partnership, one built on building the best cybersecurity solutions for each individual client.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum compensation (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. If hired in Colorado, this position starts at $64,600/yr. Depending on the position offered, restricted stock units and incentive or bonus pay may be provided as part of this compensation package. Additional benefits may be found here.