The vision of Allianz Ireland’s Market Management function is to transform how we perceive, design, deploy and service our products to ensure we become the most trusted customer-centric insurer in our market.
The Customer Experience, Insights and Analytics (CXIA) Team, is a specialist area within Marketing, and its role is to optimise Customer Experience across all distribution channels, provide critical customer and marketing insights, customer analytics and reporting to key stakeholders across our business.
This Data Scientist role sits in the CXIA team alongside 3 other analysts, and will support key marketing activities, but also work across the Allianz organisation, to drive insights for better customer and commercial outcomes.
The Data Science role will support the CXIA manager and broader Marketing and Customer teams, with the following the core responsibilities.
- Maintain and curate the core customer data sets, ensuring the data is fit for purpose for key business activity (e.g. marketing campaigns, Voice Of Customer surveys, customer models)
- Assess the effectiveness of data sources and data-gathering techniques and improve data collection methods
- Actively identify and integrate new data, to drive insight and value across previously unknown or considered relationships between data sets
- Complete all data curation tasks and analysis within the data governance and compliance requirements of the business
- Coordinate the monthly analytics work allocation, ensuring we maximise resources and optimal delivery approach
Models Supporting Growth
- Build models and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate and extract data to supply tailored reports to marketing colleagues and the wider organisation
- Use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to business problems
- Develop prototypes and proof of concepts test data models to select the most appropriate ones for use in the business
- Leveraging Allianz Group data use cases and market intel, look for opportunities to use insights/datasets/code/models in marketing and across other stakeholder functions
- Horizon scan to stay up to date with the latest technology, techniques and methods
Communication and Storytelling
- Deliver clear trends and actionable insight to business stakeholders, using all relevant data sets
- Deliver clear and coherent communication, both verbal and written, when reporting results or analysis
- Create clear reports that deliver clear insight, supporting better decision making in the organisation
- Work closely with the business to identify data opportunities to use data to support effective decision making and better commercial outcomes
- Build strong partnerships and work collaboratively with the key executives and operational areas who rely on Marketing insights / data
- Work other data teams across Allianz Ireland to build common understanding and identify collaboration opportunities
- Third level or postgraduate qualification in Maths, Data Analytics or a related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Data Science role including proficiency in a range of programming language (e.g. SAS, R, Python)
- Experience of developing models and analysis delivering clear business / commercial value
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Financial Services experience
- Post graduate or professional qualification in maths, data science or related discipline
- Experience of data visualtion tools
Allianz Group is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Caring for our employees, their ambitions, dreams and challenges, is what makes us a unique employer. Together we can build an environment where everyone feels empowered and has the confidence to explore, to grow and to shape a better future for our customers and the world around us.
We at Allianz believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to bring your whole self to work, no matter where you are from, what you look like, who you love or what you believe in.
We therefore welcome applications regardless of ethnicity or cultural background, age, gender, nationality, religion, disability or sexual orientation.
Great to have you on board. Let's care for tomorrow.