We're looking for a Data Analyst to help us expand our product analytics and insights practice. You'll be working with the Product and CTO teams to measure product performance, highlight opportunities and identify risks based on trends you've analysed in our data. While based out of our Vancouver, Toronto, or Ottawa office (post COVID19) or remotely across Canada (in accordance with Hootsuite's local employment entities), you will report to the Director, Business & Product Insights and Data Analytics.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Present data and insights in a clear and concise manner through the use of visuals, slide decks, and in unconventional ways #thinkdifferent
- Develop, maintain, and optimize campaign measurement dashboards for our marketing and sales GTM teams
- Provide actionable insights and analysis that drive results, inform campaign and marketing strategies and maximize campaign measurements
- Define and implement operational practices to ensure consistent application in tagging, analyzing and reporting on campaigns
- Identify, analyze, quantify and recommend effective data pointers and strategies based on measurable insights and optimizations
- Undertake complex analysis, but instilling key insights in a simple model for business stakeholders to understand and act upon
- Building dashboards, reports and metrics to help teams measure and monitor success
- Ability to leverage Excel, SQL and Tableau as required in building reproducible and concise analysis #dataninja
- Contribute to the team's efforts to create and maintain training and project documentation
- Develop specs and proposals for new tables and datasets that would enhance analysis and reporting for the business.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Considerable experience analyzing data and developing advanced reporting and/or dashboards
- Degree or diploma in data analytics, statistics or a related field is a plus
- Advanced querying with SQL
- Ability to analyze data and create compelling visual dashboards with Tableau
- Advanced skills with spreadsheet software (Google Sheets and/ Microsoft Excel, etc.)
- Familiarity with Salesforce datasets and SaaS Sales is a plus
- Priority Setting: focuses time/energy on the most important issues/opportunities. Clearly understand how to assess the importance of tasks and decisions
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.