As data scientist you will join an active group of dedicated biostatisticians, data scientists, biologists, and medical researchers across PREDICT’s six partner locations. Your daily workplace will be at Department of Clinical Medicine in Aalborg where PREDICT’s data integration is headed by Professor in Bioinformatics and Statistics Martin Bøgsted. You will regularly interact with other members of PREDICT at other locations through online media, seminars, and meetings at the Copenhagen campus, where PREDICTs central offices are located.
The main task of the job is to:
- Establish an integrative data lake, integrating PREDICT’s large scale genomic (e.g, genotype and whole and genome sequencing data) and clinical data (e.g., patient registry, biochemistry, prescriptions) in a super computing environment where the obtained data of PREDICT can successively be integrated.
Depending on the candidate there will be a possibility to participate in:
- the development of predictive algorithms for personalized medicine in inflammatory bowel disease, based on the integrated data.
- The development of a scalable, national, web-based platform for personalized medicine in inflammatory bowel disease.
The ideal candidate has:
- A master in data science, statistics, computer science, or a closely related field.
- Solid experience with data management of large datasets
- Experience in integrating genomic and clinical data
- Experience with data analysis based on statistical and machine learning methods.
- Experience in programming in, e.g., C++, Python, R, and SAS.
- Experience with SQL and modern database technologies.
- Knowledge of back- and front-end web development.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in Danish and English
Furthermore, the ideal candidate is motivated by interdisciplinary research collaboration, willing to learn new things, and want to contribute positively to a stimulating social and professional environment.
- an exciting and challenging job in a dynamic, informal environment at a National Center of Excellence with dedicated, friendly colleagues.
- the opportunity to put your personal mark on our data science environment and gain from exchange of knowledge and interdisciplinary exchanges with colleagues across the center.
- depending on your interest and background, individual competence development and conduct of own research will be possible.
Further information: Please contact Professor Martin Bøgsted, email: email@example.com, tel.: +45 50925639 or Center Director, Professor Tine Jess, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Agreement: The employment will be as academic officer in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement between the Danish Government and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). Your salary will be based on seniority, and a supplement may be negotiated.
Application deadline August 18, 2022
Job interviews to be held August 24, 2022
Start of employment: October 1, 2022 or as soon as possible
Working hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
How to apply: Your online application must be submitted in English by clicking “apply now” (søg stillingen online) below.
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
Løn og ansættelsesvilkår
Ansættelse og aflønning iht. overenskomst for akademikere i staten. Der er mulighed for forhandling af kvalifikationstillæg.
Der er 3 måneders gensidig prøvetid i stillingen.
Aalborg Universitet skal modtage din ansøgning elektronisk vedhæftet CV, eksamensbevis og anden relevant dokumentation. Åbn linket søg stillingen online og udfyld ansøgningsformularen.
AAU ønsker at afspejle det omgivende samfund og har diversitet som en kerneværdi. Derfor opfordres alle uanset personlig baggrund og orientering til at søge stillingen.
Thu Aug 18 00:00:00 CEST 2022