We’re creating our own future
At Volvo Cars, we are making bold digital visions come true. We aim to be the leader in the automotive world by creating a digital ecosystem built around making our customers' lives less complicated. What we all have in common at Volvo Cars is our passion for protecting lives, our endless curiosity, and our dedication to create a new future for the automotive industry. Our human centric focus is what separates us from all other car companies.
Would you like to influence and craft the technical strategy that helps Volvo Cars to grow and reach our goal of being an electric car company by 2030? Excellent, then we would like you to join our Cluster as Data Engineer!
The Data & Identity Cluster is a part of the Global Online Experience (GOX) area and our mission is to ensure we know our customers well and keep this information safe and secure. We support the rest of the organization in using this knowledge to serve the customers in the best possible way. We’re looking for someone that will help us craft a world class data ecosystem that spans across multiple product teams and clusters. We have only just begun this journey in earnest, and you’ll be joining us at a time where you can really have a great impact and help us set the tone for the next chapter in our company's history!What You’ll Do
Who You Are
- As an early joiner in a new team within a highly prioritized area you will collaborate with senior data engineers to build data tools and systems that scale
- Deliver high quality solutions using modern data engineering principles
- Implement subcomponents and data pipelines, and understand their bigger role in the system
- Build domain knowledge and leverage our large and diverse datasets to enable use cases with direct impact on the end-customer's digital experience
- Work with state-of-the-art data processing frameworks, technologies, and cloud platforms
- Develop in different technologies and languages ranging from Java and Scala to Python and SQL
- Help implementing optimization, testing, and tooling to improve data quality
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development and help develop and foster good engineering practices
- Demonstrate and champion an appetite for knowledge and never stop developing as a Data Engineer
We Offer Our Employees Excellent Benefits Such As
- You have worked with data pipelines (1-2 years experience) and have some knowledge about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
- You have worked with cloud technologies (we use AWS and Azure)
- You can independently execute smaller well-defined data engineering tasks
- You have an interest to improve engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming, and automated testing
- You are comfortable working both independently and collaboratively (pairing and mobbing)
- You care about and have experience with agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- You are passionate about crafting clean code and comfortable using at least one of the following programming languages (Python, Java, C++, or Scala)
- You are well versed in the SQL language and databases
- You understand the value of collaboration and partnership within a team
- You like to have fun at work and take great care in making sure everyone always feels welcome and included!
- You fully embrace a growth mindset, and encourage others to do the same
- You are a self-motivated individual contributor and a great teammate with the ability to multitask, prioritize and communicate progress in a rapidly changing environment
- Plenty of leave to let you take time off for what's most important in life
- Collective Agreement and ITP pensions
- An annual allowance to spend on your health and wellbeing
We are continuously screening applications and will fill the position as soon as we find a good match. We encourage you to apply as early as possible and to reach out to hiring manager Jacqueline Eriksson email@example.com for questions about the position and Senior Recruiter Sophie Esphagen firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the process.Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.