- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience in SQL
Data is the new Oil !! Are you passionate about data? Does the prospect of dealing with massive volumes of data excite you? Do you want to build big-data solutions that process billions of records a day in a scalable fashion using AWS technologies? Do you want to create the next-generation tools for intuitive data access? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
Amazon's Financial Technology team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, inventive Data Engineers who can work on massively scalable and distributed systems. The candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, understands how to deal with large sets of data and transactions and will help us deliver on a new generation of software, leveraging Amazon Web Services. The candidate is passionate about technology and wants to be involved with real business problems. Our platform serves Amazon's finance, tax and accounting functions across the globe.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join the FinTech Tax teams that builds and operate technology for supporting Amazon's tax compliance and audits needs worldwide. Our teams are responsible for building a big-data platform to stream billions of transactions a day, process and to organize them into output required for tax compliance globally. With Amazon's data-driven culture, our platform will provide accurate, timely and actionable data for our customers.
As a member of this team, your mission will be to design, develop, document and support massively scalable, distributed real time systems. Using Python, Java, Object oriented design patterns, distributed databases and other innovative storage techniques, you will build and deliver software systems that support complex and rapidly evolving business requirements.
You will communicate your ideas effectively to achieve the right outcome for your team and customer. Your code, design, and implementation decisions will set a great example to other engineers. As a senior engineer, you will provide guidance and support for other engineers with industry best practices and direction. You will also have the opportunity to impact the technical decisions in the broader organisation as well as mentor other engineers in the team.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering).
- 5+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence or business analytics.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets.
- 3+ years of experience in scripting languages like Python, Scala, Pyspark.
- Experience with Redshift, AWS services including RDS, Redshift, EMR.
- Knowledge of Distributed Systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
- 5+ Years experience in Data Modelling, ETL development, and Data warehousing.
- Anticipates and responds to changing client’s needs.
- Excellent Communication, Problem solving skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the Organization.
- Manages priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work alone as well as part of a team.
- Willingness to get trained and learn new skills.
- Demonstrates strong initiative (is proactive) and motivation with the ability to learn quickly.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.