It’s a new day in health care!
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a ground-breaking moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health.
As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all. We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
As a Senior Data Scientist within CVS Health, you will:
- Lead and participate in the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools. Solves complex analytical problems.
- Develops and/or uses algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes. Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and/or complex business problems utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses and broad knowledge of the organization and/or industry.
- Collaborates with business partners to understand their problems and goals, develop predictive modeling, statistical analysis, data reports and performance metrics.
- Develop and participate in presentations and consultations to existing and prospective constituents on analytics results and solutions. Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
- Use strong knowledge in algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions. Use strong programming skills to explore, examine and interpret large volumes of data in various forms.
This position can be done fully remotely or WFH flexible in one of our Analytics Hubs (Chicago, New York, Boston preferred)Required Qualifications
3-5 or more years of progressively complex related experiencePreferred Qualifications
Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners
Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur
Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources
Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling and in-depth specialization in some areasEducation
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, or related discipline.
Master’s degree or PhD preferredBusiness Overview
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.