At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's over 350 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Hyperwallet, Venmo, Xoom, Honey and Zettle enable consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies.
The Global Financial Crimes & Customer Protection (GFCCP) organization is responsible for detecting and preventing financial crimes and providing protections and remediation paths for PayPal’s customers. GFCCP must run efficient and effective programs across the board which requires data-driven insights to drive world-class back-office strategies, processes, policies and/or systems & tools.
Successful candidates will offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, deep analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style. They will possess strong intellectual curiosity, a deep understanding of PayPal’s products and associated typologies, and experience with PayPal data systems. Skills in problem solving, rigorous analysis, and distilling complex and voluminous data into concise summaries will be critical. The successful candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills, abilities to manage conflicting priorities to a defined timeline, strong project management and communication skills. Demonstrate strong working knowledge in SQL, dashboard development, relational database fundamentals and data warehouse architecture is required.
- Creates and introduces new analytics tools, methods, processes, systems and capabilities to apply to broad practices
- Works on projects that may be unstructured and exploratory in nature that may require a high level of theoretical and practical knowledge of multiple technologies
- Uses a wide range of previous experience, internal and external technologies, and advanced concepts to solve complex business challenges in creative and effective ways
- Builds models to test hypothesis, forecast/predict future events, isolate key business drivers and arrive at insights
- Develop frameworks for automated actions or analysis-driven decisions
- Interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to business stakeholders
- Prepare, extract, report and analyze data covering a wide range of customer profile and back-office case information from large databases
- Partner closely with Business Program stakeholders on envisioning new reporting and defining the reporting strategy for the program whilst continually enhancing existing reports
- Meet and partner regularly with stakeholders to develop meaningful actions
- Work efficiently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and results driven environment
Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Statistics, Mathematics or closely related quantitative discipline and 4+ years of experience in the job offered (or in the field of data analysis or statistical analysis)
- High proficiency in SQL and Tableau reporting/visualization development
- Exposure to Python, R, Big Query and/or Hadoop is preferred
- Understanding of A/B testing, Linear Regression, Decision Tree flows and/or Time-series statistical approaches to build predictive models and/or measurement frameworks
- Ability to demonstrate successful critical thinking/problem solving, gaining subject matter expertise of business concepts and applying/producing strategic insights
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and influence with people at all levels in the organization
- Willing to learn new tools and business processes
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.