Senior Data Analyst-PhilanthropySaint John, NL
Do you want to make a difference?
Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in Canada and throughout the world, is currently seeking a Senior Data Analyst - Philanthropy.
Reporting to the Director, Information Management, or their designate, the Business Systems Analyst is responsible for understanding business support systems as they relate to Donation Processing. As well, he/she assists in the prioritization of Philanthropy systems projects, ensuring that projects align with the technology. This position is a key resource supporting data management, identifying areas for process improvement, coordinating change management, creating and maintaining process documentation, and ensuring the integrity of the philanthropy and other data systems.
About the Canadian Red Cross (CRC): http://www.redcross.caYou will be working on things like:
Finance Operations, Documentation & Knowledge Management:
- Stay abreast of new technologies and their ability to provide a competitive edge by partnering with Philanthropy counterparts, attending relevant workshops and participating in training activities provided by service providers and others.
- Liaise with Finance on issues related to system operation procedures, document, and communicate to all finance users to ensure consistent use of systems and related processes
- Ensure that end users are using the system and related processes as intended
- Perform regular reconciliation of business workflows to ensure integrity and seek optimizations.
- Interface with the Philanthropy management team and Finance Manager to fully understand the key business drivers, processes and needs, current challenges as well as future initiatives and objectives
- Identify workflow/system improvements and work with management team to enact change
- In collaboration with Finance, measures the performance of the shared service component and design improvements to processes, services and infrastructure in order to increase efficiency, effectiveness, and cost effectiveness for Donation Processing
- Elicit and review feedback on services from stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the delivery of services.
- Review workflow integrity and ensure that departmental processes are being followed around workflows and escalate where necessary to applicable management.
- Write briefing-notes on all process and system related issues and bring to the attention of management for review/action
- Develop/update training materials and deliver training for new or enhanced system processes and for new staff members.
- Updates mapping and SQL coding for Financial Reconciliation reports;
- Creates and maintains import profiles (templates and processes) as new Philanthropy initiatives arise;
- Provides weekly stats reports to Manager on data integrity
Portfolio & Project Management:
- Responsible for understanding the Donation Processing business, assisting in the prioritization of projects and collaborating with Philanthropy and the Director, Information Management in support of the overall Finance Business strategy in collaboration with Finance.
- Liaison with the Director, Information Management and Project Managers to take on assigned project related tasks including data verification, process verification and documentation, organizing meetings, identifying relevant staff to seek out answers, and ensuring that departmental interests are represented during
- Actively monitor the various Donation Processing projects portfolio.
- Participate in the planning and scheduling of project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Work with finance stakeholders to ensure their adequate participation in all phases of the project to ensure project success.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Identify project risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Liaisons with the Philanthropy teams and other Finance teams to ensure accuracy and detailed analysis of the databases
- Identifies any discrepancies within either Philanthropy or Financial System.
- Produces statistics and standard reports, leveraging the Analytics team when needed
Support other Red Cross initiatives, as needed, to provide for a coordinated team effort to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable in the community.
- Integrates volunteer resources and fund development within the scope of responsibilities.
- Participates in disaster planning, preparation and response as needed.
- Contributes to a healthy and safe working environment.
- Performs other duties as required.
Employees and Volunteers at every level are responsible for safe work practices and to adhere to practices outlined in their applicable provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Participates and promotes completion of mandatory health and safety education/orientation.
- Participates and promotes respectful communication between all personnel and clients to promote a healthy and safe workplace.
- Aware of and adheres to policies and procedures related to health, safety and quality matters to ensure employee, volunteer, and client safety.
- Ensures all near-misses and incidents are promptly and accurately reported to Supervisor or designate.
- Ensures proper and required usage of job specific personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Addresses concerns of PPE non-compliance with Supervisor or designate.
- Participates in discussions regarding safety awareness during team meetings.
- As applicable, completes safety audits and ensures that corrective action plans are completed for identified safety concerns and/or hazards
We are looking for somebody with:
- A university degree within Business Administration or Computer Science with a focus on accounting and/or Information Technology.
- The incumbent must have at least 7-10 years of financial, operational, statistical, and system analysis
- Strong communication skills in English, written and oral are required.
- Competent and proficient in understanding of platforms and internet technologies such as CRM databases, Microsoft SharePoint
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through competing priorities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients and other departments
- Ability to understand and communicate complex business requirements to the technology teams.
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Position requires a very high level of technical know how:
- Mapping and SQL coding
- Crystal Reports/SSIS reporting
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy – well above average
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and advanced Excel skills
- This position requires a satisfactory criminal record check.
You will stand out if you have:
- Bilingualism (English/French) an asset.
- Strong understanding of the Canadian Red Cross, the Red Cross Movement and its mandate.
What we offer
- Competitive pay and benefits package
- Employees Extended Healthcare and Dental plans
- Registered Retirement Pension Plan (RPP)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP): All employees are entitled to open a RRSP account through voluntary payroll deduction the first of the month following three months of continuous employment
- Conveniently located in the heart of the city of Ottawa with excellent access to public transportation, shopping, and restaurants.
- Street and indoor parking upon availability
- Modern and flexible working environment that promotes diversity and allows telecommuting.
- The majority of work is performed in a clean and comfortable environment
- May include long to moderate hours sitting and using computers and office equipment
- Ability to work non-traditional hours on short notice
- Completion of mandatory online courses and in-person training as required upon selection and onboarding
- Successful completion of Vulnerable Sector criminal record and professional reference checks.
- Ability to work non-traditional and longer hours often on short notice especially during times of emergency response.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.
To apply for this position, click here