Are you ready to work as a Data Scientist for our Global business in Barcelona? You will be part of a growing team to create and support global digital developments for PepsiCo around topics related with Commercial and Marketing.
You will be part of a collaborative interdisciplinary team around data, where you will be responsible of building deployable statistical/machine learning models, starting from the discovery phase
. You will work with process owners, product owners and final business users. This will provide you the correct visibility and understanding of criticality of your developments.
You will be focused on projects related with prediction of consumer or store potential, segmentation, data augmentation asset deployment, audience profiling, etc. The position exists to unlock competitive advantage in go-to-market and execution through cutting edge data science, advanced analytics and AI techniques. The role holder will also leverage industry best practice to help to establish data science and machine learning as a capability within the Global Data and Analytics team.
- Working with huge and varied datasets to find sources of strategic advantage in go-to-market and execution.
- Designing and using algorithms and building predictive & prescriptive models needed to automate execution and the generation of insights, to enable efficiencies that allow colleagues to focus on value added tasks.
- Developing our internal capability to derive insights from structured data, unstructured data through location intelligence, machine learning, etc. to unlock new sources of insight that can be used to drive competitive advantage.
- Helping to define the technology infrastructure to enhance our data science capabilities enabling advances in our insight capability.
- Acting as an “evangelist” for data science within the Advanced Analytics team, building understanding of, and enthusiasm for, what can be achieved.
- Develop our existing tools to build greater simulation and forecasting capability, giving our business and our retail customers confidence that we can improve returns on current execution, asset deployment and activation plans.
What you will need to succeed:
- Fluent in git (version control, pre-commit tools), SQL, Python, PySpark syntaxis.
- Experience writing tests (Pytest) with Python.
- 5+ years’ experience in ETL and/or data wrangling techniques.
- 5+ years’ experience in Statistical/ML techniques to solve supervised (regression, classification) and unsupervised problems.
- Experience working with Time Series Data.
- Experience in developing business problem using Databricks.
- Building Docker images.
- Experience with Bayesian methods.
- Experience with distributed machine learning
- Experience with cloud services
- Comfortable with Python tooling (building CI / CD pipelines, configurations, …)
- Business storytelling and communicating data insights in business consumable format. Fluent in one Visualization tool (preferable PowerBi).
- Strong communications and organizational skills with the ability to deal with ambiguity while juggling multiple priorities
- Experience with Agile methodology for team work and analytics ‘product’ creation. Fluent in Azure Boards and Wiki.
- Experiences with Deep Learning are a plus.
- Experience in Reinforcement Learning is a plus.
- Experience in Simulation and Optimization problems in any space is a plus.
- Experience with Causal inference is a plus.
- Experience with NLP is a plus.
- Experience with working with FAIR data is a plus.
- Experience with Responsible AI is a plus.
What makes us different?
- Hybrid work model & collaborative office experience to enable innovation
- Entrepreneurial environment in leading international company
- Professional growth possibilities & learning opportunities
- Variety of benefits to support your physical, emotional and financial wellbeing
- Volunteering opportunities to help external communities
- Diverse team from over 25 countries
- Have a stake in D&I strategy and Bring your whole self to work
We believe that culture should be at the cornerstone of everything we do at PepsiCo. We operate with start-up mindset – agile, innovative and not afraid of failure. We want our team to come to work every day excited to explore new ways bring enjoyment, refreshment and fun to the world.
PepsiCo Positive (pep+) is the future of our organization – a strategic end-to-end transformation, with sustainability at the center of how we will create growth and value by operating within planetary boundaries and inspiring positive change for the planet and people. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO5CdBmWjUY
So, if you’re ready to be a part of a playground for those who think big, we’d love to chat.
- We encourage the diversity of applicants across gender, age, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, social background, religion or belief and disability