As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.Your Role and Responsibilities
Are you about to graduate or have you recently graduated from university? Do you want to pursue a career in high quality consulting services? Do you have a strong interest in technology, and would you like to stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends? Then this role might be for you!
IBM Services Associate Program is IBM’s world-class 2-year development program for talented graduates with a strong academic track record. It will give you the opportunity to jump-start your consulting career by combining client project work across different industries and service areas with focused training, project rotation and mentoring. Designed by experts, the program will accelerate your consulting career to help you develop leadership skills.
Your department and role
The Cognitive and Analytics department offers a variety of services relating to the use of AI, machine learning and advanced analytics to solve critical business problems for IBM clients in a multitude of industries.
As a Cognitive or Analytics consultant, you will make use of tools ranging from IBM proprietary software, like Watson, to open source frameworks to deliver high-quality and impactful business solutions, furthering the use of AI at an enterprise level for our clients.
- Help our clients to solve AI challenges (Predictive Analytics, Statistical Analysis, Machine Learning & Deep Learning).
- Translate analytical solutions into recommendations.
- Build/improve data-driven models using statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Advice and guide our clients on how to implement AI at an enterprise level.
- Prototype, productionisation, and integrate machine learning models in business processes and enable automated, intelligent and data-driven decision making.
- Communicate results and ideas to critical decision-makers using effective data visualization techniques.
- Write production-level code and build scalable data science pipelines in multi-cloud environments (IBM, Azure, AWS, GCP) or on-prem.
We are looking for entry-level candidates from all backgrounds with not more than 2 years of experience to become full-time Associate Consultants.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, proven by university education and other relevant (online) courses or certifications.
- Knowledge of machine learning frameworks and concepts like regression and classification as well as supervised and unsupervised learning methods.
- You have experience with (at least 1) programming languages such as Python and R.
- Practical experience in solving complex challenges using data analysis and modelling.
- Ability to explain complex analysis to a non-technical audience with your storytelling and data visualization skills - must.
- Experience in NLP (for example, with university projects), deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch or Caffe and software engineering principles like versioning, CI/CD, packaging and distribution is a plus.
If you’re interested in this position, please follow the following steps:
- Apply via our career site and upload your CV and motivation letter, directed at Mai Lan Le-Pham (Talent Acquisition Partner);
- The recruiter will follow up with your application within the next weeks;
- The most suitable candidates will be invited to the Virtual Assessment Day where you will spend the day with similarly minded graduates.
The closing date for this vacancy is August 24th, 2020.
The start date for this role is September 15th, 2020.
Required Technical and Professional ExpertiseYour profile
*** This is a job of IBM Nederland 0096 ***
*** #IBMAssociates AssocEL20 ***
We are looking for entry level candidates from all backgrounds to become full-time Associate Consultants, who are keen to demonstrate the following qualities and behaviors:
Preferred Technical and Professional ExpertiseAbout Business Unit
- Demonstrated history of achievement in academics, internships, course work, coops and/or work experience
- Obtained a Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Data Science or equivalent
- Eligible to work in the Benelux
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 4 days a week
- Fluent in English and Dutch
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.