- Provides data analysis and advice in support of a high profile, government priority
- Fast-paced environment working with a dynamic team
- Full Time, Fixed Term until 30 November 2021
COVID-19 Quarantine Victoria (CQV) is responsible for Victoria's COVID-19 Accommodation response, including:
- Mandatory quarantine for returned overseas travellers
- Emergency Accommodation for people that cannot safely isolate/quarantine in their accommodation.
The Victorian Chief Health Officer has mandated that all returning overseas travellers arriving in Victoria must go into mandatory quarantine for 14 days from the day of their arrival to help prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
In addition, CQV is responsible for the operation of Victoria's Emergency Accommodation program for community members and their close contacts who have tested positive for COVID-19 and where an assessment has concluded that there are no other suitable alternative accommodation options for self-isolation.
Infection control and prevention is the primary objective of the mandatory quarantine and emergency accommodation programs.
About the role
The Senior Data Analyst will sit within a small team of data analysts to drive internal and external data analysis and reporting requirements for CQV. The incumbent will also play an important role in developing strategic and operational insights across the business.
Reporting directly to the Manager, Data Insights or the Manager, Performance Analytics, the incumbent will leverage their data analysis experience to proactively anticipate and respond to urgent data needs, support operational priorities through the generation of high quality data analysis and insights, advise on the development of new reporting products in response to business requirements, and identify and drive opportunities for improvement in data analysis, reporting and management processes.
The Senior Data Analyst will establish and leverage exemplary working relationships with key stakeholders across CQV, embrace a service mindset to support the ongoing operations of CQV, and build a reputation within the business as a reliable and trustworthy strategic leader and subject matter expert.
Travel within the greater Melbourne area to COVID-19 accommodation sites may be required. Occasional travel to other locations within Victoria may be required.
You may be required to work flexible hours, including weekends and public holidays, and attend to urgent work as required. Appropriate remuneration will be applied for the above in accordance with the Victorian Public Service Enterprise Agreement 2020.This role also includes:
- Develop and deliver strategic, business, and operational reports across CQV that provide senior stakeholders with relevant, timely and accurate information to inform decision making.
- Contribute to the maintenance of data quality and integrity across a range of CQV systems by identifying and communicating issues and errors.
- Prepare and present technical reports, submissions, briefings, and correspondence at an advanced professional level, and maintain proper documentation recording and tracking systems in accordance with established performance standards.
About youAs our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Experience in the provision of data analysis, strategic reporting and/or insight generation for senior stakeholders within a high pressure, dynamic, and unstructured environment.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating data and an understanding or experience in SQL and PowerBI will be highly advantageous. Computer literate with a working knowledge of the full range of Microsoft Windows and Office application suite software.
- An understanding of the organisation's operating environment, responsibilities, climate, and culture including the issues and pressures to which the organisation has to respond.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button on this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
If you require adjustments to the recruitment and selection process, or require an alternative format to any of the application material, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the contact person listed on this ad.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include national police checks and misconduct screening.