About Gartner Digital Markets
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology choices and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three top brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
What We Are Looking For
Gartner Digital Markets is looking for a passionate Senior Analytics Engineer for the Data team. Analytics Engineers sit at the intersection of business teams, Data Analytics and Data Engineering and are responsible for bringing robust, efficient, and integrated data models and products to life. Analytics Engineers speak the language of business teams and technical teams, able to translate data insights and analysis needs into models powered by the Enterprise Data Platform. The successful Analytics Engineer is able to blend business acumen with technical expertise and transition between business strategy and data development.
Why You’ll Want To Come To Work
- Collaborate with team members to collect business requirements, define successful analytics outcomes, and design data models.
- Design, develop, and maintain dbt code and Snowflake tasks to build the Enterprise Dimensional Model
- Design efficient solutions to consolidate data from RDBMS systems, Enterprise Applications and 3rd party APIs through ELT processes into an Enterprise Data Model.
- Organize, optimize and debug data-driven reporting, BI and analytics applications
- Document & maintain the data catalog for data from various sources to enable data democratization and governance.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices (such as the SQL Style Guide) for a high-scale database environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Utilize the Data Platform to build data products and provide feedback to the Data platform team to build new features.
- Implement the DataOps philosophy in everything you do
What You Will Bring To The Team
- 5+ years in the Data space as an analyst, engineer, or equivalent
- Programming experience using Python, experience with spark is a plus
- Proven experience on data modeling, data preparation and transformations expressed as code.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to synthesize data to design and deliver meaningful solutions.
- High level knowledge of database performance and tuning, troubleshooting and query optimization and tuning.
- Experience with software development practices, such as CI/CD, code versioning, pair programming, code reviews, etc.
- Experience working with third party vendor APIs.
- Familiar with next generation ETL/ELT tools and data consolidation frameworks that enable capabilities within the data ecosystem. Experience with Apache Airflow and Prefect experience is a plus.
- Ability to understand business functionality, processes and flows.
- Good combination of technical and interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication; detail-oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems is a plus.
- Verbal English skills (we work in English!).
Who You Are
- Excellent Communication and Prioritization skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Ability to work independently or within a team, proactively, in a fast-paced AGILE-SCRUM environment.
- Owns success – Takes responsibility for successful delivery of solutions.
- Strong desire to improve upon their skills in software development, frameworks and technologies.
Check out our video to learn about who we are, and what we do:
What You’ll Find
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture - join a diverse team of professionals that are as smart and driven as you.
- A chance to make an impact - your work will contribute directly to our strategy.
- Frequent social activities such as movie night, laser tag, bowling, escape room, summer beach party, hiking & bbq, and more!
- Hybrid, virtual-first, environment with flexibility, remote work, Friday afternoons free, and more.
- New offices close to Glòries and the beach in the fantastic, “innovation and tech” 22@ district of sunny Barcelona.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, selection of teas, fair trade organic coffee and a fridge full of beer for our Thursday Beer O’Clock.
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive compensation.
- 23 days annual holiday, and additional days off for your birthday, 24th & 31st of December.
- Private Medical and Dental Care.
- Life and Disability Insurance.
- Public Transport Subsidy.
- Ticket Restaurant Card.
- Childcare Vouchers (Ticket Guarderia).
- IncentiFit - annual reimbursement for health-and-wellness-related activities.
- Pension Scheme.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Gartner Gives Charity Match.
- Relocation Assistance - a specialist to help you with all the appointments and paperwork.
What Are We
- Action Oriented - Deliver fast, get great results. We embrace the vision, roadmap to success and the action it takes to make it happen.
- Intellectually Curious - Seek to learn, love to teach. We’re humble and embrace respectful, radical candor with a mindset of ongoing professional and personal development.
- Collaborative - One team, shared mission. We welcome feedback and understand the value of working together to accomplish more than what is possible individually.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
- A valid EU visa/passport is required for this position.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What We Offer
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:74139
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.