We are seeking a talented engineering data scientist who is interested in being part of a dynamic team, delivering data analytics solutions to our customers.
Working as part of our Data Engineering and Applied Intelligence (DE&AI) team, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of data insights that will enable the Australian Defence Force to more effectively operate, maintain and sustain its platforms.
- Analyse modelling and simulation data to prepare valuable insights in support of data driven decision making.
- Effectively communicate data insights to a diverse stakeholder group.
- Engage customers to identify and realise new opportunities for data analytics.
- Define data science methodologies to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of future analytics solutions.
- Support the growth of the data science capability across BDA though effective training and collaboration.
- Tertiary degree qualifications with a minimum of 5+ years' experience in data science, data engineering and/or simulation and modelling.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate complex information to business stakeholders and customers.
- Experience in designing and developing solutions across the data analytics maturity scale (i.e. descriptive, diagnostics, predictive and prescriptive).
- Demonstrated experience applying supervised learning, un-supervised learning, reinforcement learning, optimisation, or decision theory to solve complex business problems.
- Demonstrated experience with Python or any other relevant programming languages.
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exemption.
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader and would like to register your interest in working for Boeing, please click Apply Now.