Our Mission Is To Bring Happiness Through Amazing Dining Experiences, Thanks To Our 3 Main Products
Welcome to our fabulous world. 🍴We are TheFork
📱 TheFork App
: the restaurant discovery and booking app for every occasion
🖥️ TheFork Manager
: the tool to digitize restaurant operations and be in full control of your business
💳 TheFork Pay & gift cards :
the new and amazing dining payment experience
Creator of a unique model that disrupted the restaurant industry 15 years ago, we are now the leading dining platform
across Europe and Australia. We are experiencing an exciting period of growth, and we need the greatest folks onboard. Together, we will make our wildest dreams come true! We strongly believe that our mission can only be achieved if we also bring happiness to our working environment. We do this by providing a flexible, multicultural and positive environment
where each individual has the space to grow.
We nurture this happy culture through our core values
: We are better together - We act like an owner - We genuinely care for our users and customers - We believe in transparency - We never stop learning - Speed wins
Oh! And we are also part of the big Tripadvisor family ❤️
Your future buddies, the Forkies.
Thanks to TheFork (app/web), millions of diners can easily discover, book and pay the right restaurant at the right price. Thousands of restaurants owners benefit from our solutions to optimise their booking management, streamline operations and ultimately improve service and boost revenue.
To support our growth, we are reinforcing our data platform team and are looking for a Data Engineer.
Why join us?
- You are passionate about data and comfortable in an international and agile environment?
- You are ready for the challenge of a SaaS service for several thousand customers and B2C interfaces for millions of users?
- You are ready to invest in a company whose entire service is subject to heavy use and is present in close to 20 countries, to accompany its rapid growth?
- You want to secure services that power the leader of online restaurant booking?
- You will join a dynamic and agile team in a quickly changing environment. You will be involved in an international organization that empowers its employees, cares about their career and values sharing.
What You Will Do
As a Senior Data Engineer, your mission will be to build & expand theFork Data Platform as a top end and modern platform to deploy advanced analytics and data products for the whole company.
The data platform is used intensively by all teams at theFork (date, product, engineering, business, .. ) supporting multiple domains (BI, Data Insights, Products Analytics, Data Science).
We recently decided to follow the Data Mesh
approach and have started to lay down good foundations for a self-service platform.
If you want to be part of a very modern data transformation project, sponsored at the codir level, do not hesitate to apply
You will report to our Data Engineering Manager and be part of the central data team composed of ~40 people, and still growing.
Your Daily Work Will Consist Of
- Designing and build efficient patterns to store and analyze Terabytes of data
- Defining and implementing the best way to progress towards a Data Mesh architecture
- Implementing complex acquisition and transformation workflows
- Building smart data models to serve our product teams and our BI, Insights and data science teams while minimizing the costs
- Developing and implementing tools to help our data scientists industrialize machine learning projects
- Working on data quality & reliability to ensure we provide trustable metrics to the whole company
- Supporting our data engineering manager and accompanying more junior data engineers
Who You Are
The Data platform tech stack is built on AWS (S3, EC2, EMR) and Snowflake using some open source technologies such as Airflow, Spark, Jenkins, Elasticsearch, Docker, Kubernetes, etc...
With a minimum 5 years of experience, you have a perfect knowledge of data engineering patterns, technologies and are proficient in python (ideally with several other backend languages and are well versed in software development best practices, such as CI/CD, unit testing, QA and mocks creation ..).
As a senior data engineer, your role will also be to guide the team towards improved patterns, processes and technologies, and help define the evolution path towards a Data Mesh.
We will appreciate a large data culture and curiosity for any new technologies.
- You have at least 5 years of data engineering experience
- You are a great team player and at ease to interact with technical and business stakeholders
- You are used to work in an agile environment & OK with priorities changes
- You are curious, humble and exhibit a balance between creativity and pragmatism
- You are willing to learn and teach others
- You have a proficiency in French and English (written and spoken)
- Mastery of SQL and Python
- Apache Airflow
- Infrastructure knowledge, AWS, Docker, Jenkins and Kubernetes appreciated
- Proficient with git and unix
- Streaming technologies (CDC pipelines, stream processing, ...)
- AWS Sagemaker, Databricksvand Google BigQuery are a plus
What We Offer You
- 😄 An awesome team (not everybody like our jokes, but we try our best)
- 🏠 A Permanent contract (that can be useful in life)
- ⚖️ Flexible working environment (2 days home office per week)
- 💸 Competitive fixed salary, bonus and equity (yes, equity!)
- 🍕 Lunch vouchers available for each working day (because yes, we like to try our best restaurants)
- 🌎 International teams - More than 30 nationalities and 16 offices worldwide
- 🏳️🌈 Highly inclusive working environment
- 🤸♀️ Lifestyle benefits that can be used to reimburse physical, leisure activities, family support, travel etc
- 🎓Continuous learning and development programs (with full access to LinkedIn Learning!)
- 😌 Free access to the Calm app
- 🏥 Health insurance fully covered by the company
- 👩🦽 Life Insurance and Disability at no cost to the employee
- 💗 Welfare allowance school costs, elderly care, babysitting costs, transportation, travel leisure
- 🍴 Amazing offices with dining, coffee point on each floor, and leisure area
- 🎤 Team building events (we love karaoke. A lot. A lot.)
We believe that we are better together, and at TheFork we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At TheFork, we want you to bring us your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively keep disrupting the restaurant industry and go from good to great.