1101405_RR00065809 Job ID: 1101405_RR00065809NYU Grossman School of Medicine
is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Data Analyst.
In this role, the successful candidate will design and perform statistical analyses under the supervision of the Center of Surgical and Transplant Applied Research (C-Star) leadership teamJob Responsibilities
- Design and perform statistical analyses under the supervision of the Center of Surgical and Transplant Applied Research (C-Star) leadership team
- Serve as a data analyst to the Center of Surgical and Transplant Applied Research (C-Star), using a range of data sources including: Electronic health records (NYU Epic); Community-based health and demographic surveys; Project-specific surveys and assessments; Administrative records (births, education, Medicaid claims); Other novel data sources
- Contribute original thoughts, hypotheses, and analysis to write reports, abstracts and manuscripts under faculty supervision
- Support grant proposal submissions and support funder reports for NIH funded
- Liaise with senior researchers at other institutions to conduct analyses on behalf of national scientific committees
- Prepare interim reports to summarize ongoing cohort studies for principal investigators, study staff, and data safety and monitoring boards
- Under faculty supervision, design analytical strategies for research proposals and draft statistical analysis plans for grants
- Performs miscellaneous job duties as assigned
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's or Masters degree in related discipline (epidemiology, biostatistics, public health, or related discipline)
Strong facility with Stata, R, or other statistical programming language
Strong quantitative aptitude, desire to learn new skills and information, and ability to interpret complex analytic quantitative information; Strong attention to detail
Demonstrated organizational skills, self-motivation, flexibility, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, energetic, highly creative, entrepreneurial environmentPreferred Qualifications
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent data visualization skillsQualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal EEO is the law poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $58,500.00 - $64,235.22 Annually. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.