- ASIC is seeking a BI Data Engineer that can deliver solutions of Data and Business Intelligence products
- Unique role working on big data projects for Australia's financial services regulator
- Permanet, Sydney based
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
Information Technology Services provides a wide range of IT facilities and support services to ASIC. We are embarking on major technology projects that will transform our business and continue our significant technology transformation in several areas such as virtualisation, data analytics, mobility and cloud. The Data and Reporting team deliver a wide range of services to all business units within ASIC. From traditional BI and operational reporting to graph databases, data mining and open source technologies. We make use of the latest technology focusing on data sharing and analytics, with the aim of making ASIC a 'best in class' regulator supporting the Australian financial markets.
Your RoleAs a BI Data Engineer, you will be required to:
- Deliver solutions that enable enhancement and project delivery of Data and Business Intelligence products. Data products will include, but not limited to, Qlik Sense (Development and Administration) and Data Bricks NoteBook.
- Provide guidance and leadership in solution design, integration, data quality assessment, build to coding standards and continuous integration for data products.
- Ensure that development, coding, privacy and security standards are adhered to in solutions delivered.
- Actively participate in the conversion of user requirements into user scenarios, use cases and test cases.
- Ensure agile development practices are adhered to. Strong and active collaboration with the members of your Squad in the delivery of solutions that deliver business value.
- Lead the development and maintenance of technical documentation
- Provide technical guidance and support to junior team members.
- Contribute to the leadership team, providing technical insight and direction, to resolve complex problems and process improvement.
- Provide level 2 support for complex technical issues that occur with the analytics and reporting applications.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Information Technology.
- Demonstrated experience with analytical and reporting principles, methodologies and tools such as Qlik Sense (preferred), Tableau, Power BI, IBM Cognos.
- Advanced SQL and Python knowledge
- Strong skills, knowledge and working experience in Enterprise Business Intelligence (BI) technologies, DevOps principles and working within an agile delivery methodology.
- Knowledge and skills in relational and dimensional data modelling, process modelling and performance tuning
- Prior experience with the creation of technical documentation to support report and related database development
- Working knowledge of the Agile methodology and agile development, including the use of agile management tools such as TFS, GIT, JIRA. Strong experience in Data Ops processes that will enable continual integration and delivery of solutions
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including the ability to clearly communicate technical details to business.
- Experience in DevOps practices in the delivery of data and analytic products.
Applications for this role will close at 11:59pm on Friday, 19 February 2021.
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC has a broad mandate. We are a regulator; a policy advisory body; a consumer protection agency; a licensing body; a financial educator and consumer advocate; and a company and professional registry. And we are a law enforcement agency.This work is directed to one principal aim:
to realise ASIC's vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
Underpinning ASIC's vision is the recognition that every cent in the financial system is other people's money.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC's vision.
ASIC is committed to a providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply as well as applicants from all backgrounds and with different abilities.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued ASIC's Personnel Security Team.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply' to start your application.