At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
If we inspire you to do the work you love, will you still call it work?
What's in it for you?
We are seeking a Data Analyst to join our EY Data and Analytics team ideally in our Melbourne and Sydney offices but can also be based in any of the major Australian cities. Working with a number of high profile clients this role is offered on a flexible, full-time basis.
You will help shape, change, and deliver a data management roadmap to improve and enhance the value and re-usability of data, through modern and evolving data management practices and frameworks.
As a Data Analyst, you will support our clients in defining and implementing a data journey aligned with their strategic objectives, you will work with a diverse range of stakeholders and data teams to uplift the current data quality management capabilities of a number of different high profile client groups.
What We're Looking For
- Translating business questions to data and analysis requirements; carry out analysis, visualization and presentation.
- Performing ad-hoc analysis to solve business problems and support decisions.
- Design and build data products, such as Power BI dashboards, including defining the data models.
- Surfacing and sharing insights, typically from internal corporate data, using a dashboard.
- Run human centred design sessions with end-users.
- Communicating and influencing stakeholders.
- Coaching non-data experts how to use data.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Experience in a hands-on role interpreting and telling stories with data.
- Curious and business outcome focused with an ability to break down a complex problem and work out how to solve it.
- Evidence of numerical and technical aptitude strong collaboration skills having worked with business stakeholders at different levels of seniority.
- Comfortable working across a wide range of data sets and systems:
- Expertise in cleansing, combining and processing data.
- Have knowledge of SQL, with knowledge of Python an advantage.
- Familiarity with Power BI and ideally data manipulation tools (e.g. Alteryx and Daraiku).
What We Can Offer You
- Explore how a career at EY is yours to build at www.ey.com/au/careerdevelopment
- Discover how, when and where you can work at www.ey.com/au/flexibility
- Learn about our commitment to DE&I at www.ey.com/au/diversity-inclusiveness
- Understand how our benefits can support you at www.ey.com/au/benefits
Acknowledgement of Country
EY acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands on which EY offices are located around Australia. We pay our respects to their cultures, and to their Elders — past, present, and emerging. Find out more about our vision for reconciliation at www.ey.com/au/reconciliation
Apply now… we’re over 9,000 perspectives in Australia and we’re ready to welcome yours.
At EY we take inclusivity seriously, and we’re committed to removing barriers and improving the employment prospects of people with disability or long-term health conditions. We encourage you to share any support and adjustments you need to be your best and participate equitably in our recruitment process. We understand sharing your needs with us can be daunting, so if you have questions before or during your application, we welcome you to get in touch at email@example.com or +61 3 8650 7788 (option 2). Anything you tell us will be kept completely confidential.
The Exceptional EY Experience. It’s Yours To Build.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider. Regarding this role, the minimum salary is $90,000 including 10.5% superannuation.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.