The Data Engineer role is responsible for developing, deploying, and maintaining data solutions. These systems include query tools, data transformation pipelines, data transfer systems, data warehousing, data visualization and interactive dashboards, ad hoc reporting, and data modeling.
Work with our integrated solutions that help courts and public safety organizations of all sizes better protect and serve the public. By helping provide solutions that improve efficiency and response time, you can help serve our citizens and make communities safer.
- Work closely with departmental and divisional operational leaders to understand the reporting and analytical needs of the business.
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain queries and processes for warehousing data on a continuous basis, using a variety of tools including SSIS, SQL Server, SQL Agent, and PowerShell.
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain reports and analytics dashboards as needed using various tools and technologies, including SSRS, Excel, SQL Server, Tableau and Power BI.
- Assure integrity and accuracy of data and reports via thorough testing and validation
- Work independently to manage workload and respond to changing deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or math, or comparable work experience.
- Strong understanding of SQL and data modeling principles.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services, Tableau, and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
Tyler is continually recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our recent awards and accolades across Tyler »
Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That’s why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people »
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.