Direct Line Group is one of the UK's largest insurance companies and home to some of the best-known brands including Direct Line, Churchill and Green Flag.What we're looking for:
Do you love using technology and data and using your skills to present data to build insight? Would you like to work with a technical stack that includes AWS, Linux, Informatica (ETL/CDC), Relational databases, Redwood scheduling tool (RMJ) and Data Modelling using ERwin?
We are looking for an ETL Developer who is passionate about delivering outcomes. You will utilise using all the technical skills and passion that you have – if this sounds like you then apply directly to be part of our team whilst having fun with all the newest technologies!Who you'll work with:
A member of the Motor ETL Squad, and reporting to the Engineering Chapter, you'll work within a small cross functional squad, focusing on delivering and supporting Data solutions that power our Motor brands. But you'll also be part of a wider community of Informatica specialists.
We are moving into Agile ways of working. This comes with immense potential to learn, develop your skills as you initially see us through a very exciting time of change. You will be valued and looked to for inspiration, with clear goals and autonomy as well as leadership focus being part of your daily role.
At Direct Line Group, we continue to unleash the power of technology to change the insurance market and our Technology Services team is at the heart of this!What you'll need:
What you'll do:
- OS - Linux or Unix
- Informatica (e.g. PowerCentre),
- RDBMS – Oracle, SQLServer, MySQL etc
- Shell scripting, PL/SQL/Python
- Cloud - AWS or GCP or Azure
Ways of Working
- Analyse requirements and create and updating the Data Models and transformations, from varying data sources, to improve the reporting solution
- Support the provision of ad hoc data analysis, and queries
- Investigate and analyse Production Incidents with care for the prioritisation provided by the Product Owner
- Identify and champion opportunities for service improvements
- Engage with the wider Informatica/ ETL communities, to implement technical and service improvement opportunities, and ways to improve the utilisation of Informatica across the wider Direct Line Group
Here at Direct Line Group, we recognise the importance of flexibility, not only in our personal lives but also in the way we work. Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone.
How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you. You can find out more about our flexible working approach or please get in touch with the team to discuss.Benefits
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer such excellent benefits designed to suit you as and when you need them:
Life at Direct Line Group
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we're committed to making DLG a truly inclusive place to work.
We recognise and embrace that people work in different ways and we'll always adapt as much as possible so you have the best and most comfortable working environment that we can offer. We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, can bring real potential to DLG.
If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.